Thread: Attacked by mob, in home

Attacked by mob, in home

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...mpid=124488459

story from Philadelphia about a man attacked by a crowd of "youth"

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...mpid=124488459

story from Philadelphia about a man attacked by a crowd of "youth"
    Do you have a point of view you would like to share regarding this incident?

Or are you happy just committing a drive-by posting?

Before I go adding my thoughts (and I have many) I'd like to know why you posted this and what you hoped to achieve by doing so - beyond increasing my wealth of knowledge.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Herr Heckler Koch
    Two better questions. Why in Wisconsin's forum, from Philadelphia? Why not a drive-by, is that against the rules too?

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Do you have a point of view you would like to share regarding this incident?

Or are you happy just committing a drive-by posting?

Before I go adding my thoughts (and I have many) I'd like to know why you posted this and what you hoped to achieve by doing so - beyond increasing my wealth of knowledge.

stay safe.
    Many still forget to put things in this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...need-for-a-gun
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Why not a drive-by, is that against the rules too?
    lol +1

Perhaps after all the talk of the angry mob attacks the OP just wanted to share another story simliar to those, except this time taking place at a home... At least I found it to be an interesting article.

Police arrested Bergson Morin, 21, of Rosehill Street near Wyoming Avenue, Feltonville, as the man with the gun. They arrested Enrique Delgado, 32, of Rockland and C streets, Feltonville, as the man who hit LaVelle with the pipe. And they arrested a 17-year-old juvenile as the one who punched LaVelle in the face, giving him a black eye.
    These don't sound like youths. 21 years old? okay okay....32!?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Two better questions. Why in Wisconsin's forum, from Philadelphia? Why not a drive-by, is that against the rules too?
    Drive-bys are impolite.

There are numerous free and subscription feeds where one can get all the newsone wants of gun use, or mob violence, or the wearing of pink nail polish. I actually check a few of them daily.

What we seem to like here is the exchange of ideas. Without some comment attached I have no idea if the OP wanted me to 1) notice how the presence of a handgun might have mediated the situation, 2) talk about if it is morally, ethically or legally OK to shoot the folks in the front of a mob breaking into your home when they are shouting for the blood of someone but otherwise not yet offering any other violence, or 3) discussing why the OP feels/thinks/believes that the presence of a handgun in the situation would just be taken away and used against the handgun owner/wielder, or 4) whether "Kumbya" works better than "Give Peace a Chance" in calming the mob.

Maybe it's just me but I like to have a hint about why the article was posted. Without that hint I have to think about what reason the OP might have had and that makes my head hurt.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by sheller View Post
    I doubt that many forget, I would say many believe your thread should be Wisconsin specific.
    True, but having things from other states put in there shouldn't hinder the topic.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Lightbulb Interesting Article But Ended Up "He Said, She Said"...Should Have Had Cameras Going

Looks like the coach did the right thing and is now being harassed by the parent(s) of the alleged perpetrators. Video with audio recordings of the events would be priceless in court.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

This article is just a reminder of how important the castle doctrine bill is to us. However, some of my sources suggest it may be on it's death bed again.

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???