• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attacked by mob, in home

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...attacks_man_in_his_house.html?cmpid=124488459

story from Philadelphia about a man attacked by a crowd of "youth"

Do you have a point of view you would like to share regarding this incident?

Or are you happy just committing a drive-by posting?

Before I go adding my thoughts (and I have many) I'd like to know why you posted this and what you hoped to achieve by doing so - beyond increasing my wealth of knowledge.

stay safe.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Two better questions. Why in Wisconsin's forum, from Philadelphia? Why not a drive-by, is that against the rules too?

protias

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Why not a drive-by, is that against the rules too?

lol +1

Perhaps after all the talk of the angry mob attacks the OP just wanted to share another story simliar to those, except this time taking place at a home... At least I found it to be an interesting article.

Police arrested Bergson Morin, 21, of Rosehill Street near Wyoming Avenue, Feltonville, as the man with the gun. They arrested Enrique Delgado, 32, of Rockland and C streets, Feltonville, as the man who hit LaVelle with the pipe. And they arrested a 17-year-old juvenile as the one who punched LaVelle in the face, giving him a black eye.

These don't sound like youths. 21 years old? okay okay....32!?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Two better questions. Why in Wisconsin's forum, from Philadelphia? Why not a drive-by, is that against the rules too?

Drive-bys are impolite.

There are numerous free and subscription feeds where one can get all the newsone wants of gun use, or mob violence, or the wearing of pink nail polish. I actually check a few of them daily.

What we seem to like here is the exchange of ideas. Without some comment attached I have no idea if the OP wanted me to 1) notice how the presence of a handgun might have mediated the situation, 2) talk about if it is morally, ethically or legally OK to shoot the folks in the front of a mob breaking into your home when they are shouting for the blood of someone but otherwise not yet offering any other violence, or 3) discussing why the OP feels/thinks/believes that the presence of a handgun in the situation would just be taken away and used against the handgun owner/wielder, or 4) whether "Kumbya" works better than "Give Peace a Chance" in calming the mob.

Maybe it's just me but I like to have a hint about why the article was posted. Without that hint I have to think about what reason the OP might have had and that makes my head hurt.

stay safe.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Interesting Article But Ended Up "He Said, She Said"...Should Have Had Cameras Going

Looks like the coach did the right thing and is now being harassed by the parent(s) of the alleged perpetrators. Video with audio recordings of the events would be priceless in court.