Thread: "Yes, OC is legal, but I wouldn't reccommend doing it."

"Yes, OC is legal, but I wouldn't reccommend doing it."

I often hear the statement: "Yes, open carrying a firearm is legal, but I wouldn't reccommend doing it." coming from police officers.

The next time I hear it, I resolve to ask the officer: "What OTHER perfectly legal activities do you reccommend everyone else abstain from?".

I wonder what the answer will be?
    Last edited by Superlite27; 09-27-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    I often hear the statement: "Yes, open carrying a firearm is legal, but I wouldn't reccommend doing it." coming from police officers.

The next time I hear it, I resolve to ask the officer: "What OTHER perfectly legal activities do you reccommend everyone else abstain from?".

When we went before the local municipalities that banned OC, the question I asked was "what other parts of the Bill of Rights would you prohibit', i gave them a choice "Freedom of Speech, freedom of Religion?". Of course they didn't answer, I suppose they and thier communist, anti-rights, low life bottom feeder, anti-constitutional advisors are exploring thier options.

Other questions?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I think a slightly modified version of that is going into my stock reply fund.
    "What other, perfectly legal, non harmful activities, do recommend everyone else abstain from??"
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 09-27-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Accomplished Advocate

errr, well as f'ed up as the muni system is here in the metro area, I ain't sure it is worth it for a newbie to be honest. It takes a LOT of research and effort and crossing the street can change the rules.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

F'ed up is an understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    F'ed up is an understatement!
    Mega Ditto!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Well, don't go to church, or you will be placed on the "domestic terrorist" watchlist.

Do you have a strong belief in the constitution? Oopsie, there is another strike against you.

Believe that police and politicians are actually here to help protect your rights? LOL, now you are just being plain dumb!
    Last edited by HYRYSC; 09-29-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HYRYSC View Post

Well, don't go to church, or you will be placed on the "domestic terrorist" watchlist.

Believe that police and politicians are actually here to help protect your rights? LOL, now you are just being plain dumb!
    What do you base your first statement on? I've never heard of such a thing.

Its a bit of a stretch, but unfortunately not much. There have been allusions made by various DHS representatives regarding citizens that regularly attend church could have a higher propensity to commit terrorist acts.

This in addition to the Prez stating that we are bitter clinging to our guns and religion. If they are associating us being bitter, with guns and religion, there is not much of a stretch here to think that they are keeping their eyes on folks that belong to both groups.

Jumping off a bridge is perfectly legal as well, but I neve ....

Wait a minute .

But in all seriousness, I was told the same thing by Jeff City PD when I called them. The lady was talking to a Captain and he said it was legal but an officer would PROBABLY be called.

Don't forget armed Veterans are a threat too according to DHS.

Red heads are prolly on the list too....you know how explosive they can be!

And men in Black hats?

Ah, but it's not perfectly legal throughout Missouri and won't be until 21.75.3 is repealed.
    I'm really starting to like the panic removal occurring in Louisiana following their preemption law hitting the books. It's a law that needs to spread.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 09-29-2011 at 10:42 PM.