• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Yes, OC is legal, but I wouldn't reccommend doing it."

Superlite27

I often hear the statement: "Yes, open carrying a firearm is legal, but I wouldn't reccommend doing it." coming from police officers.

The next time I hear it, I resolve to ask the officer: "What OTHER perfectly legal activities do you reccommend everyone else abstain from?".

I wonder what the answer will be?

Last edited:

mspgunner

I often hear the statement: "Yes, open carrying a firearm is legal, but I wouldn't reccommend doing it." coming from police officers.

The next time I hear it, I resolve to ask the officer: "What OTHER perfectly legal activities do you reccommend everyone else abstain from?".

When we went before the local municipalities that banned OC, the question I asked was "what other parts of the Bill of Rights would you prohibit', i gave them a choice "Freedom of Speech, freedom of Religion?". Of course they didn't answer, I suppose they and thier communist, anti-rights, low life bottom feeder, anti-constitutional advisors are exploring thier options.

Other questions?

Fallschirjmäger

I think a slightly modified version of that is going into my stock reply fund.
"What other, perfectly legal, non harmful activities, do recommend everyone else abstain from??"

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

errr, well as f'ed up as the muni system is here in the metro area, I ain't sure it is worth it for a newbie to be honest. It takes a LOT of research and effort and crossing the street can change the rules.

HYRYSC

Well, don't go to church, or you will be placed on the "domestic terrorist" watchlist.

Do you have a strong belief in the constitution? Oopsie, there is another strike against you.

Believe that police and politicians are actually here to help protect your rights? LOL, now you are just being plain dumb!

Last edited:

MilProGuy

Well, don't go to church, or you will be placed on the "domestic terrorist" watchlist.

Believe that police and politicians are actually here to help protect your rights? LOL, now you are just being plain dumb!

What do you base your first statement on? I've never heard of such a thing.

HYRYSC

Its a bit of a stretch, but unfortunately not much. There have been allusions made by various DHS representatives regarding citizens that regularly attend church could have a higher propensity to commit terrorist acts.

This in addition to the Prez stating that we are bitter clinging to our guns and religion. If they are associating us being bitter, with guns and religion, there is not much of a stretch here to think that they are keeping their eyes on folks that belong to both groups.

Festus_Hagen

Jumping off a bridge is perfectly legal as well, but I neve ....

Wait a minute . :uhoh:
:lol:

But in all seriousness, I was told the same thing by Jeff City PD when I called them. The lady was talking to a Captain and he said it was legal but an officer would PROBABLY be called. :banghead:

REALteach4u

Ah, but it's not perfectly legal throughout Missouri and won't be until 21.75.3 is repealed.
I'm really starting to like the panic removal occurring in Louisiana following their preemption law hitting the books. It's a law that needs to spread.

Last edited: