• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone into H&K?

SovereignAxe

german junk. go head try to detail strip it. way to many parts and spring. that just mean more parts to break

Except that they're famous for NOT breaking. And are you really going to overlook a great gun just because you'll be inconvenienced once in a blue moon on the detail stripping?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I own two HK's; A USPc pisol and a USC rifle. I got one heck of a deal on the USPc in 357sig and I love it. It's just about the right size for me and no where near as bulky as a full sized USP. It's accurate, reliable and I can OC or conceal it comfortably. The only thing I don't like about it is the mag release; it's kind of a pain.

My USC rifle was acquired in a trade for a Desert Eagle I used to own. It's overly expensive but cool looking, amazingly accurate and fun to shoot. I didn't like the Desert Eagle anyway and the deal seemed better than the cash. I plan on SBRing it some day and suppressing it but haven't gotten around to it just yet. Anyone have a registered HK autosear they don't need? :dude:

BTW, if anyone didn't ever drool over an HK PSG1 back in the day, they've got a problem. LOL

Last edited:

matt2636

Except that they're famous for NOT breaking. And are you really going to overlook a great gun just because you'll be inconvenienced once in a blue moon on the detail stripping?

if your into your gun and how it functions youll learn to detail strip not just to clean but to check wear/broken parts and are able to replace them. not breaking? ha just like glocks dont break either right? or 1911s. EVERYTHING breaks and wears. some more than others. i know and have shot HK and have had to carry one. sure they work like most pistol but theres way to much guts to it. and guess what that adds weight and more parts to fail/wear. especially springs. it has 4 or 5 springs to make it function i believe i think its 5. somewhere around there. but if you wanna drink the HK coolaid go head. the thing better not break and make me a sandwich after a hour long back rub everyday for 900-1100 for a pistol.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
the thing better not break and make me a sandwich after a hour long back rub everyday for 900-1100 for a pistol.

That's why you buy one slightly used for $450 like I did. I wouldn't buy one for $1,000 either. I paid $425 for my "fully loaded 1911.

It's not the kool aid that's the problem, it's buying overpriced stuff. HK's and 1911's are like cars IMO. Buy used and let someone else take the hit.

Last edited:

exelci

HK All The Way!

i love my USPC 45.

Glocks are not guns, there.. ..things that shoot bullets..

a real handgun has a hammer and a safety switch.

Period.

swampcrawler

german junk. go head try to detail strip it. way to many parts and spring. that just mean more parts to break

It will supposedly go 25,000 ish rounds before anything breaks.
at about...well lets call it 20 bucks/50 for 45, thats about TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF AMMO between breakages.

i think i'll just send her in to a gunsmith to replace the spring after that kinda money down the tube.

divedog

No more parts than any other modern pistol, recoil guide and spring are one piece, barrel and slide. Been carrying a USP compact 357sig for the last 10 years.

matt2636

No more parts than any other modern pistol, recoil guide and spring are one piece, barrel and slide. Been carrying a USP compact 357sig for the last 10 years.

A 100 year old 1911is doesnt have as many parts as a HK

Last edited:

t33j

A 9mm USP Compact was my first gun. I've put several thousand rounds through it and a few other HK guns. At first I thought it was great, then realized it was just pretty good.
-The normal (non-match) triggers are just ok
-The checkering on the frontstrap goes too close to the trigger guard, and a proper grip causes some discomfort due to the 90ish degree angle on the mag release lever.
-I actually prefer the HK mag release slightly. No grip shifting required. However I wish the release lever were bigger and more contoured.
-It's a little heaver than I think it should be for its size. Compare it to a G19 for instance.
-It's wide, but so are all other double stack guns.
-It's ******* expensive.
-The cost of magazines is absurd.
-It has a proprietary rail system.

-It's extraordinarily reliable, and very durable.
-It's very simple to disassemble and clean.
-It can be carried in condition one, which is good because the double action pull is a little too heavy and far too long.
-It looks good.

I don't think I'll buy another HK, but I sure wouldn't trade one for a Glock either. I was considering another HK as my next gun, but I'll be going with a Sig instead. They screwed up in a few ways, but mostly by not putting a match trigger in the "USP 9 Tactical" and not offering 20+ rd mags for it. Yes I know about the jetfunnel.

The P30 has the most comfortable grip I've ever felt.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
^^^^^^^^^^
Yes! I forgot about this. The trigger on my USPc in DA, I do not like. Is there anyone that makes a steel trigger that I can install myself? It's OK when you use SA but because of the length of pull and the flexi-trigger it's not so nice in DA.

jwinkeler

I open carry a P7 PSP and love it, its old but works has very little kick and i can hit a steel plate(12x12) almost every time at 100 yards the trigger by far is the best ive ever felt and i have not ever heard of a catsrophic failure with one(and i pray not to be the first i hear of)

Last edited:

jwinkeler

hahah yea found that one the first time i took her out 123 rounds later(dropped two rounds) i had burned my middle finger(when i squeezed it i was doing a pretty good job of burying into the trigger guard

Last edited: