Thread: WI CHL in TX?

WI CHL in TX?

Anyone know if it might be allowed, or too soon to tell?

I meet all the reqs for the WI one, but may be taking relocating for a job in TX.

Everything about the TX one sounds like a big pain, in terms of money and time.

$100s, 12hr course, 6 week wait....

In WI I meet all the reqs, in multiple ways, so it just would make life much easier.

Here I thought that TX was going to be the motherrland for the 2nd Am. supporter, but the more I read, the more I cringe.

Appreciate any comments.

If anyone comes in here to be a negative Nancy, don't waste your time posting. Lately there's been a lot of posters just trying to start crap. I'm not interested in the fact that your life sucks and you have to start crap on here to make you feel better about yourself.
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

If anyone comes in here to be a negative Nancy, don't waste your time posting. Lately there's been a lot of posters just trying to start crap. I'm not interested in the fact that your life sucks and you have to start crap on here to make you feel better about yourself.
    "Negative Nancy"..... That just cracks me up.... As far as the rest of the paragraph..... + 1000

On point... I have not looked at Texas laws so I cannot offer an reply to the question except I am thinking a little too soon to tell...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-27-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Officially, too soon to tell. If I were a betting man, I'd say any state that accepts a FL permit, will accept a WI one.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40-OD View Post
    Anyone know if it might be allowed, or too soon to tell?

I meet all the reqs for the WI one, but may be taking relocating for a job in TX.

Everything about the TX one sounds like a big pain, in terms of money and time.

$100s, 12hr course, 6 week wait....

In WI I meet all the reqs, in multiple ways, so it just would make life much easier.

Here I thought that TX was going to be the motherrland for the 2nd Am. supporter, but the more I read, the more I cringe.

Appreciate any comments.

The moment you establish residency in TX, your WI permit, if you did get one, would be invalid, because only WI residents may possess a WI permit.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    The moment you establish residency in TX, your WI permit, if you did get one, would be invalid, because only WI residents may possess a WI permit.
    Good point. I suppose I could ask in the TX forum if an accepted state's CHL can qualify for a TX CHL. $200 and 9-12hrs of classes is worth looking for a way around if a DD214 isn't good enough for them.
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Texas accepts a Utah permit. If you apply for a Utah permit before the WI takes effect, you do not need a WI permit to apply for a UT permit. If you apply after 01 November 2011, UT will require a WI permit. However, you will not be able to reapply for the UT permit until you have a TX permit if you live in TX.

An alternate strategy would involved getting a WI permit and then an AZ permit. TX accepts the AZ permit. There is always also the Florida option.

To better plan your strategy and become more acquainted with individual state laws, visit www.handgunlaw.us

Yellow Cat Out -
    Last edited by jpm84092; 09-27-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo in URL
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

website

www.handgunlaw.us

should work

Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    www.handgunlaw.us

should work
    not with regard to my specific question, but thanks...

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

McX
    i got the sneaky feeling, knowing the state of state revenue and all, Texas, and LEO Texans would like best to see a Texas permit if your a bonafide resident down there. kinda like Wis LEO's will expect to see a Wisconsin DL follow a Wisconsin permit. Proof that you spent your money, as in them you trust, so to speak. Getting around things may not be worth the extra effort. i'd say once you get there, if Wis permit carries any weight there, stroll around on your Wis DL and permit, until you got a bill with your Texas residence on it, then make the switch. let me know what their permit cards look like. i hear everything is bigger in Texas.