Thread: Finally got it back

Finally got it back

Over 6 months later, I was finally able to get my gun back from the Maplewood Police. If you remember, it was stolen from me by thugs in uniform after they thought open carry was illegal, which it was not. After they realized I hadn't done anything wrong, they kept the gun and passed an open carry ordinance. I'm off to the gun store to trade this Springfield Arms XD right now. After the police have had it for so long, I don't want to be associated with that gun. With the threats I've already received from these boys in blue, having a bullet or casing from this gun show up on a crime scene would not surprise me.

Sorry to hear man. Like you, I'd probably do the same thing.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Sorry to hear about your situation as well. I would probably trade my gun as well in a similar situation. Are you going to get another XD or something new? Did you take any legal action against the department? Why six months? If you already answered these questions in another thread, could you link it here? Let us know what kind of gun you get. Thanks and good luck.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 09-27-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation as well. I would probably trade my gun as well in a similar situation. Are ypu going to get another XD or something new? Did you take any legal action against the department? Why six months? If you already answered these questions in another thread, could you link it here? Let us know what kind of gun you get. Thanks and good luck.
    I will help him out just a bit.

His gun was taken and kept because they could, why, because he did not have the funding required to get a lawyer on it. Classic trample the little guy because you can. His legal options were some what limited by other factors that do not need to be rehashed, they arrested him and the afterwards found a bogus traffic warrant. He made a few comments that made him less than a sympathetic client and fighting city hall is not cheap. Due to documented threats in the past by law enforcement officers I think he is doing EXACTLY what he should and transferring that out of his name by an FFL.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Yep, that is pretty much it. I will probably get another XD because I have the mags and holsters for it.

When I picked it up, I told them to open it and show me everything was in there before I signed for it. The detective told me I could open it. I told him, "No thanks, I don't want to get arrested for openly displaying a firearm in Maplewood." He laughed and opened the box.

Whatcha want for it ?

Festus, you'd buy a gun that the police had for months? You are braver than I.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    Festus, you'd buy a gun that the police had for months? You are braver than I.
    Depends . I could trade it to my Dad who's a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    Depends . I could trade it to my Dad who's a cop.
    Now all your previous comments on this situation make sense...

I live far enuff from Maplewood, I'd buy it if the price was right, i been lookin to get an XD

Quote Originally Posted by lancers View Post
    Now all your previous comments on this situation make sense...
    Really ? Please explain .

If your talking about the way you handled your "situation" , then no, you would be wrong. You were stupid no matter what my Dad may do to make a living .

I can't fix that.