• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally got it back

lancers

Over 6 months later, I was finally able to get my gun back from the Maplewood Police. If you remember, it was stolen from me by thugs in uniform after they thought open carry was illegal, which it was not. After they realized I hadn't done anything wrong, they kept the gun and passed an open carry ordinance. I'm off to the gun store to trade this Springfield Arms XD right now. After the police have had it for so long, I don't want to be associated with that gun. With the threats I've already received from these boys in blue, having a bullet or casing from this gun show up on a crime scene would not surprise me.

S1310001.jpg

S1310003.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sorry to hear about your situation as well. I would probably trade my gun as well in a similar situation. Are you going to get another XD or something new? Did you take any legal action against the department? Why six months? If you already answered these questions in another thread, could you link it here? Let us know what kind of gun you get. Thanks and good luck.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry to hear about your situation as well. I would probably trade my gun as well in a similar situation. Are ypu going to get another XD or something new? Did you take any legal action against the department? Why six months? If you already answered these questions in another thread, could you link it here? Let us know what kind of gun you get. Thanks and good luck.

I will help him out just a bit.

His gun was taken and kept because they could, why, because he did not have the funding required to get a lawyer on it. Classic trample the little guy because you can. His legal options were some what limited by other factors that do not need to be rehashed, they arrested him and the afterwards found a bogus traffic warrant. He made a few comments that made him less than a sympathetic client and fighting city hall is not cheap. Due to documented threats in the past by law enforcement officers I think he is doing EXACTLY what he should and transferring that out of his name by an FFL.

lancers

Yep, that is pretty much it. I will probably get another XD because I have the mags and holsters for it.

When I picked it up, I told them to open it and show me everything was in there before I signed for it. The detective told me I could open it. I told him, "No thanks, I don't want to get arrested for openly displaying a firearm in Maplewood." He laughed and opened the box.