• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at 18

Logs0012

Howdy everybody!
I'm new to the site and I have a question about KY open carry of a sidearm for someone who is 18. Is it legal for me to open carry a sidearm?

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Lincoln Tucker

neuroblades

Simply put: Yes, it is legal in the state of Kentucky to OC a sidearm but chances are you'll definitely encounter issues because though the KRS states that it's legal, many police officer's are not aware of this fact and the fact that you're 18 when you have to be 21 to legally purchase a sidearm, chances are they'll harrass you over it. But it is legal to OC at 18, just know the law and be polite when approached.