Thread: Well its official! Wauwatosa is now going to be safe. LOL

Well its official! Wauwatosa is now going to be safe. LOL

Just got home from the city hall meeting where they were debating whether or not to allow weapons in city buildings. And apparently stopping crime is as easy as posting a sign on a door. They voted 6-2 to pass the ordinance to ban weapons, no police presence, no metal detectors, just a sign.

Wow!?!?! I didn't know it was that easy to deter criminals, I need to get one of these magical signs to put on my front door. I wonder where we can get these super powered crime stopping devices. If anyone knows where to get one, please PM me. Until then I will just have to carry my Glock and be one of those crazy gun tote'n nutballz.

<sarcasm off>

What a bunch of crap, and to think these clowns are calling the shots for important city decisions. WTF?

Just on the news, someone was shot at MATC campus in West Allis. Too bad they didnt have one of those magical signs to prevent this gun violence?

Hey, I just saw myself on TV. Damn I look good.

Posting just so you don't feel lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Posting just so you don't feel lonely.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

They must watch the half hour news...

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger
    Just on the news, someone was shot at MATC campus in West Allis.
    That's impossible!
    Look at pg. 19 of the student handbook
    The Department of Public Safety provides around the clock monitoring and protection at all four MATC campuses.
    And the Student Code of Conduct even prohibits weapons, assault, & lookalike weapons or knives of any size... for students.
    I guess the attacker wasn't a student.
    A. STUDENT CONDUCT EXPECTATIONS
    (1) REGULATIONS FOR STUDENT CONDUCT
    The following actions and behaviors shall constitute violations of the Student Code of Conduct and will subject any student or student organization committing such a violation to disciplinary sanction. The violations defined below include, but are not limited to:

15. Possessing... firearms or other dangerous weapons while on MATC property...
    (Exemptions: Authorized law enforcement officers in uniform plain clothes officers must keep any authorized weapons concealed at all times.
    Now they're reporting it was "near" MATC, & the 17yo ran into one of their parking lots before collapsing.
    (He's died.)
    Wonderful neighborhood they have there... tell us again how safe your campus is, & how you protect people?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

i wonder...IF they post at MATC and also mention the handbook that '...will provide protection'...and fail to do so, could be potential for a lawsuit.