• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well its official! Wauwatosa is now going to be safe. LOL

BrewTownBagger

Just got home from the city hall meeting where they were debating whether or not to allow weapons in city buildings. And apparently stopping crime is as easy as posting a sign on a door. They voted 6-2 to pass the ordinance to ban weapons, no police presence, no metal detectors, just a sign.

Wow!?!?! I didn't know it was that easy to deter criminals, I need to get one of these magical signs to put on my front door. I wonder where we can get these super powered crime stopping devices. If anyone knows where to get one, please PM me. Until then I will just have to carry my Glock and be one of those crazy gun tote'n nutballz.

<sarcasm off>

What a bunch of crap, and to think these clowns are calling the shots for important city decisions. WTF? :cuss:

BrewTownBagger

Just on the news, someone was shot at MATC campus in West Allis. Too bad they didnt have one of those magical signs to prevent this gun violence?:mad:

protias

They must watch the half hour news...

[video=youtube;S7pGt_O1uM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/video]

MKEgal

BrewTownBagger said:
Just on the news, someone was shot at MATC campus in West Allis.
That's impossible!
Look at pg. 19 of the student handbook
The Department of Public Safety provides around the clock monitoring and protection at all four MATC campuses.

And the Student Code of Conduct even prohibits weapons, assault, & lookalike weapons or knives of any size... for students.
I guess the attacker wasn't a student.
A. STUDENT CONDUCT EXPECTATIONS
(1) REGULATIONS FOR STUDENT CONDUCT
The following actions and behaviors shall constitute violations of the Student Code of Conduct and will subject any student or student organization committing such a violation to disciplinary sanction. The violations defined below include, but are not limited to:

15. Possessing... firearms or other dangerous weapons while on MATC property...
(Exemptions: Authorized law enforcement officers in uniform — plain clothes officers must keep any authorized weapons concealed at all times.

Now they're reporting it was "near" MATC, & the 17yo ran into one of their parking lots before collapsing.
(He's died.)
Wonderful neighborhood they have there... tell us again how safe your campus is, & how you protect people?