Thread: Ohio visitng PA

Ohio visitng PA

I'm from Ohio and go to PA 1-3 times a week. In Ohio OC is legal just as it is in PA. What are the laws in PA regarding a stop by police? If I am not violating any laws when I OC in Ohio I am not required to identify myself or provide identification to the police if stopped. Does the same hold true in PA?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcametal View Post
    I'm from Ohio and go to PA 1-3 times a week. In Ohio OC is legal just as it is in PA. What are the laws in PA regarding a stop by police? If I am not violating any laws when I OC in Ohio I am not required to identify myself or provide identification to the police if stopped. Does the same hold true in PA?

Thanks
    in Philadelphia, you need a license to carry a gun, openly or concealed. outside of PA, you need a license to carry concealed, or while operating a vehicle. unless you plan on walking everywhere, you can't carry in PA, unless you have a license/permit that is recognized in PA.

that said, you're only required to identify yourself in Philadelphia. everywhere else, you're not, if you're stopped for open carrying.
    Givin' up the tactical advantage since 2008.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

In addition to jahwarrior72's statement, to merely have a "firearm"(handguns, SBS, SBR) in a vehicle in PA you need to have a license/permit from any other state regardless as to whether it is being carried openly or concealed, or loaded or unloaded - unless you are going to/from one of the exempted locations in 18.61.6106(b).

No where in PA are you required to disclose your armed status.
    Last edited by knight0334; 09-29-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Hit up Center County, PA for a non-resident PA permit. Took about a week from the time I dropped the application in the mail, to getting my LTCF.

I am legal to carry concealed and transprot to any state under LEOSA. I prefer to exercise my rights and open carry as often as I can.
    My questions:
    Are non-residents legal to open carry?
    Required to provide identification when asked?

Thanks

I am legal to carry concealed and transprot to any state under LEOSA. I prefer to exercise my rights and open carry as often as I can.
    My questions:

Thanks
    1) Yes.
    2) No, not on a mere encounter.

IANAL.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 3fgburner View Post
    Hit up Center County, PA for a non-resident PA permit. Took about a week from the time I dropped the application in the mail, to getting my LTCF.
    PA doesn't issue thru the mail anymore.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    1) Yes.
    2) No, not on a mere encounter.

IANAL.
    Philly is murky water, as far as providing ID. i've refused to provide ID in other parts of PA, and i'[ve never been asked in Philly, but i think i would. it beats getting shot.
    Givin' up the tactical advantage since 2008.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

My questions:

Thanks
    About non-residents: No state can make laws that have different rights and privileges between residents and non-residents. If a resident is allowed to do something, a non-resident is allowed to as well.

US Constitution Article IV Section 2:

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

A person charged in any state with treason, felony, or other crime, who shall flee from justice, and be found in another state, shall on demand of the executive authority of the state from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the state having jurisdiction of the crime.
    US Constitution Amendment XIV Section 1:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    About non-residents: No state can make laws that have different rights and privileges between residents and non-residents. If a resident is allowed to do something, a non-resident is allowed to as well.
    Not to derail this thread....but tell that to WY. Their new Con-Carry law is resident only.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Not to derail this thread....but tell that to WY. Their new Con-Carry law is resident only.
    As far as I'm concerned Vermont has the only true constitutional carry.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436