• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BHM Shootout / Meet 10/22

swatpamike

Hello All

Every year some aviation enthusiasts who are also firearms enthusiasts meet at the FOP range in Pleasant Grove Alabama, just outside of Birmingham, to enjoy a fun filled day of shooting. We have been doing this every year for 6 years now. All are welcome as long as you have a mind for firearms safety. The date of the event is Saturday October 22 and before we go to the range we meet at a local members business and fix a huge breakfast for all. Then off the the range for a day of fun. If you have any questions please PM me for photos of past meets or other information.

Info on range including range web site

FOP Range Inc.
91 1st street
Pleasant Grove, AL 35127

www.foprangeinc.com

I hope to see some new faces there.

Cheers

Mike

swatpamike

Hello

Every year we use range number 3 and the plate range but due to low numbers this year we will most likey only use range 3. Let me know if you are interested in attending and I can send you a few photos few last years meet.

I have planned some movement drills with some cool targets so it should be fun.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited:

swatpamike

How does the "aviation enthusiasts" part fit in?

Most of the people attending belonged to the aviation site www.airliners.net, that is where the idea for the shootout came up. Most work in the aviation industry, myself I work for Soutwest. So we talk shop at breakfast saturday morning and blast away on saturday afternoon.

I had talked to a friend at FOP about reserving range number 3 and the plate range but it looks like because of low turnout we will only do range 3.

Cheers

Mike

Eeyore

Ah. Now your screen name makes sense in a new way (SWA TPA Mike).

Sounds like it might be worth the 2-hour drive from CBM, if I'm back by then. My wife can drop me off and do some shopping in The Big City. How much ammo, targets, etc. should people bring?

swatpamike

Ah. Now your screen name makes sense in a new way (SWA TPA Mike).

Sounds like it might be worth the 2-hour drive from CBM, if I'm back by then. My wife can drop me off and do some shopping in The Big City. How much ammo, targets, etc. should people bring?

Thanks for your help posting on the other web site but because of low interest we have had to cancel the meet. Maybe next year.

Thanks Again

Mike