Thread: Ouch....Hope this was not someone from here.

Ouch....Hope this was not someone from here.

Man on date shoots himself accidentally.

http://m.charlotteobserver.com/charl...tguid=eOmwdIAF
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

If NC didn't have the stupid prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol, this would have never happened. If this guy had been wearing the gun on his hip the whole time, and not trying to fumble with it in a dark parking garage, he would be OK, and the date would have ended on a much more positive note.

It's time to repeal this law...

Of course the fact that he had his gun shackled to his seat rail with a bike lock (presumably through the trigger guard) and NOT in a proper box-style gun safe says something about his intelligence, and his understanding of proper gun safety and handling.

He's lucky he didn't shoot his date, or injure himself or someone else worse than he did.

The prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol is a stupid law. NC needs to repeal this law IMMEDIATELY. We are one of the few states that still has this stupid prohibition on the books--even in anti-gun states like MD and NY, people who have CC permits can carry in restaurants and bars.

Shame on Gov. Perdue, and shame on the General Assembly for not passing HR.111 last session. Hopefully they will see the light, and pass it in the Spring Session...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 09-28-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

*Snip*

Of course the fact that he had his gun shackled to his seat rail with a bike lock (presumably through the trigger guard) and NOT in a proper box-style gun safe says something about his intelligence, and his understanding of proper gun safety and handling.

He's lucky he didn't shoot his date, or injure himself or someone else worse than he did.

*snip*
    I didn't see where he had it locked with a bike lock but you would think if he could afford Ruth Chris he could afford a real gun safe. Wonder if he will get a 2nd date?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    I didn't see where he had it locked with a bike lock but you would think if he could afford Ruth Chris he could afford a real gun safe. Wonder if he will get a 2nd date?
    Premature shooting, guess he got a little excited. All joking aside though, this is a good point. You can buy a $30 portable steel gun lock box pretty easily. He was kind of stupid for putting ANYTHING through the trigger guard with the weapon loaded. Although that would be a nice surprise for anybody trying to steal it as they're pulling on the cable to try to get it loose. It definitely would be nice to carry into Applebees though, I haven't gone there since I started carrying. As far as the 2nd date, if she does stick around, he might wanna marry that girl. Or run as far away as possible because she might just be insane.

David

The article linked in the OP didn't have that detail, but stories on other sites did.

According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police report, the man reached for his gun, which had been secured underneath the car's seat with a bicycle lock, and it became lodged under the seat, discharged, and hit him in the leg.
    http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/09/...imself-at.html
    Last edited by Dreamer; 09-29-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    Got my case for keeping it in the truck for $18.00 + shipping. It tethers to the seat mount with a steel cable, has a steel web inner liner, and the lock is included.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CASE075-1.html

I bought one for each vehicle, keyed alike. One key all access.

Unfortunately, he didn't quite self-select to remove himself from the gene pool.

Oh, wait...! Maybe it wasn't exactly his 'leg' (region).
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

High Point, North Carolina, United States
    just throwing this out there......do you think he got a second date?

i got game....but idk if i could recover if i shot myself....if so i need to get some dating tips from this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Large Caliber Kick View Post
    Got my case for keeping it in the truck for $18.00 + shipping. It tethers to the seat mount with a steel cable, has a steel web inner liner, and the lock is included.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CASE075-1.html
    Thanks for that one man. Been looking for something to put in my Jeep, and all the usual ones are too small for me.

Wow I heard about this on the news. Whats worse... Accidentally shooting on your first date? Or every one knowing that you cant hold your load? LMFAO.. I kid... i kid... I have a question because i have read in some publication that if you lock your firearm up in the glove box exit and lock the car.. You arent concealing the weapon @ all. Doesnt it have to be within reach in order for you to be possibly charged with CCW without a license??