• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ouch....Hope this was not someone from here.

Dreamer

If NC didn't have the stupid prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol, this would have never happened. If this guy had been wearing the gun on his hip the whole time, and not trying to fumble with it in a dark parking garage, he would be OK, and the date would have ended on a much more positive note.

It's time to repeal this law...

Of course the fact that he had his gun shackled to his seat rail with a bike lock (presumably through the trigger guard) and NOT in a proper box-style gun safe says something about his intelligence, and his understanding of proper gun safety and handling.

He's lucky he didn't shoot his date, or injure himself or someone else worse than he did.

The prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol is a stupid law. NC needs to repeal this law IMMEDIATELY. We are one of the few states that still has this stupid prohibition on the books--even in anti-gun states like MD and NY, people who have CC permits can carry in restaurants and bars.

Shame on Gov. Perdue, and shame on the General Assembly for not passing HR.111 last session. Hopefully they will see the light, and pass it in the Spring Session...

Last edited:

spiderjohn

*Snip*

Of course the fact that he had his gun shackled to his seat rail with a bike lock (presumably through the trigger guard) and NOT in a proper box-style gun safe says something about his intelligence, and his understanding of proper gun safety and handling.

He's lucky he didn't shoot his date, or injure himself or someone else worse than he did.

*snip*

I didn't see where he had it locked with a bike lock but you would think if he could afford Ruth Chris he could afford a real gun safe. Wonder if he will get a 2nd date?

ArmySoldier22

I didn't see where he had it locked with a bike lock but you would think if he could afford Ruth Chris he could afford a real gun safe. Wonder if he will get a 2nd date?

Premature shooting, guess he got a little excited. All joking aside though, this is a good point. You can buy a $30 portable steel gun lock box pretty easily. He was kind of stupid for putting ANYTHING through the trigger guard with the weapon loaded. Although that would be a nice surprise for anybody trying to steal it as they're pulling on the cable to try to get it loose. It definitely would be nice to carry into Applebees though, I haven't gone there since I started carrying. As far as the 2nd date, if she does stick around, he might wanna marry that girl. Or run as far away as possible because she might just be insane.

David

Dreamer

The article linked in the OP didn't have that detail, but stories on other sites did.

According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police report, the man reached for his gun, which had been secured underneath the car's seat with a bicycle lock, and it became lodged under the seat, discharged, and hit him in the leg.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/09/28/3405552/man-on-date-shoots-himself-at.html

Last edited:

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States

Got my case for keeping it in the truck for $18.00 + shipping. It tethers to the seat mount with a steel cable, has a steel web inner liner, and the lock is included.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CASE075-1.html

Badger Johnson

Unfortunately, he didn't quite self-select to remove himself from the gene pool.

Oh, wait...! Maybe it wasn't exactly his 'leg' (region).

ImJustMylan

Wow I heard about this on the news. Whats worse... Accidentally shooting on your first date? Or every one knowing that you cant hold your load? LMFAO.. I kid... i kid... I have a question because i have read in some publication that if you lock your firearm up in the glove box exit and lock the car.. You arent concealing the weapon @ all. Doesnt it have to be within reach in order for you to be possibly charged with CCW without a license??

:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea: