Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Bay proposed Carry Ban

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Green Bay proposed Carry Ban

The proposal going to the City Council for Tuesday Night's meeting includes a ban on carry of a firearm in all city buildings with the only exception being the direct entrance to and use of a restroom at a park. The only other prohibition is on the concealed carry of weapons which are not firearms which must be openly carried if carried in a city owned building.

it was good that we attended this meeting, Chris Wery is a good Allie to have. I will see you next tuesday. My alderman sucks`!
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    .... My alderman sucks`!
    Typical GNINO... (Gun Nut In Name Only)... He likes his guns for hunting but don't you dare think about carrying them around children. They may catch black rifle disease or something. Heaven forbid that they get acclimated to the fact that responsible adults with guns can be trusted and not feared. It is anathema to propose that a holstered firearm is not a threat.
    The alderman in the audience was not shy to point out that he owns handguns but does not believe that they should be actually used for a practical purpose. It is much better to just keep your guns locked up in a safe. That is why they call it a safe. Guns in there are not a threat to anyone, especially criminals wishing to do harm. In their eyes, if we are to accomplish just one thing it should be to keep children from seeing firearms and to keep criminals safe.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 09-28-2011 at 09:56 PM.

what really burned my butt was the fact that my alderman, the frighten fudd TOOL pointed me out & said...you walk past my house with your openly carried gun & to me that's just eerie ...... What a MORON ! I am going to start walking past his house every evening openly carrying when i walk my dog, why not ? to him it's scary and it is the Halloween season

I am thinking about running against him in the next city council elections..he has to GO
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 09-28-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

what really burned my butt was the fact that my alderman, the frighten fudd TOOL pointed me out & said...you walk past my house with your openly carried gun & to me that's just eerie ......
    Perhaps he is only accustomed to seeing people carry firearms in blaze orange....

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Perhaps he is only accustomed to seeing people carry firearms in blaze orange....
    sshhhh, be vewy vewy quiet...I am hunting Wabbits

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight
    ...a ban on carry of a firearm in all city buildings with the only exception being the direct entrance to and use of a restroom at a park.
    Well, isn't that nice of them?
    I'll be able to protect myself when I'm in a vulnerable position, but not if I wanted to pay taxes or borrow a book (if I lived there).

The only other prohibition is on the concealed carry of weapons which are not firearms which must be openly carried if carried in a city owned building.
    They can't do that. It's not in the law.
    See the right-hand column of pg. 17 of the PDF of the law (in my sig):
    943.13 (1m) (c) 4 Enters or remains in any part of a building that is owned, occupied, or controlled by the state or any local governmental unit, excluding any building or portion of a building under s. 175.60 (16) (a), if the state or local governmental unit has notified the actor not to enter or remain in the building while carrying a firearm or with that type of firearm.
    (does not apply to parking garages or a person who leases part of the building)
    Says nothing about that they can require any certain type of carry,
    or that they are allowed to ban anything except firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight
    don't you dare think about carrying them around children. They may catch black rifle disease or something.
    LOL! I'll have to remember that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    They can't do that. It's not in the law.
    See the right-hand column of pg. 17 of the PDF of the law (in my sig):

(does not apply to parking garages or a person who leases part of the building)
    Says nothing about that they can require any certain type of carry,
    or that they are allowed to ban anything except firearms. .
    Since there is no State Preemption protecting anything but firearms, the city is free to ban popsicle sticks or anything else they want to call a weapon and they may regulate the manner of carry...

36/61/3 One has to wonder how far they will let it slide before pulling it and not revealing the final results...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    36/61/3 One has to wonder how far they will let it slide before pulling it and not revealing the final results...
    These aren't the droids you're looking for. I think you may have cross-posted....
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 09-29-2011 at 01:24 AM.

These aren't the droids you're looking for. I think you may have cross-posted....
    Whoops... Lol. To get on THIS topic, I agree with mke, its great that they are going to "let us" use the restrooms.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

lol....i just got done watching Star Wars Episode 2.....episode 3 tomorrow revenge of
    the sith

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

It was eerily quiet at the meeting. No one showed up to speak in support of the ban except for the ghost writer. 2 years ago the mayor pushed for the Open Carry ban but tried to hide behind the committee. No committee member had their name on the original proposal so his hand was caught in the cookie jar. This time they got an alderman who was not on the committee to put his name on the request for an ordinance change so it would look like it came from an alderman.
    The media has been pretty absent regarding this. It is not sensational enough for them. I can't even get the TV stations to answer my E-mails.

Say glock, if your alderman has that feeling about your gun... does he have that sane freak out reaction when he sees one of the local LEOs? (Oh!.... he has a badge?. he must ok then...)
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    Say glock, if your alderman has that feeling about your gun... does he have that sane freak out reaction when he sees one of the local LEOs? (Oh!.... he has a badge?. he must ok then...)
    oh no.....he is in love with LE, feels very safe when a police officers is near.

It was eerily quiet at the meeting. No one showed up to speak in support of the ban except for the ghost writer. 2 years ago the mayor pushed for the Open Carry ban but tried to hide behind the committee. No committee member had their name on the original proposal so his hand was caught in the cookie jar. This time they got an alderman who was not on the committee to put his name on the request for an ordinance change so it would look like it came from an alderman.
    The media has been pretty absent regarding this. It is not sensational enough for them. I can't even get the TV stations to answer my E-mails.
    i was expecting all the TV channels to be present...yes it was very quiet with only 4 citizens showing up & out of the 4 only 3 of us spoke out against a ban.......... I hope a few more show up for Tuesdays full council meeting

a reporter from WTAQ 97.5 fm / 1360 am news - talk radio was the only media present, they just did a news report about the Meeting last night, they including an audio byte from my speech ...AWESOME !

what really burned my butt was the fact that my alderman, the frighten fudd TOOL pointed me out & said...you walk past my house with your openly carried gun & to me that's just eerie ...... What a MORON ! I am going to start walking past his house every evening openly carrying when i walk my dog, why not ? to him it's scary and it is the Halloween season

I am thinking about running against him in the next city council elections..he has to GO
    Too bad I don't live in GB so I could vote for you.

bwahahaha
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Too bad I don't live in GB so I could vote for you.

bwahahaha
    i am just tossing the idea around right now, i have until early December to make a decision...But thanks for the support

i am just tossing the idea around right now, i have until early December to make a decision...But thanks for the support
    What; I thought that the filing deadline was 10/31...?
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Hey GLOCK, who is your alderman ?
    Mine is Theisen or whatever.......

If we are both in the same district we'll vote for ya.
    Could even lend a hand in your campaign if you need it.

Let me know.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

I'd vote for a Christie / Glock ticket...

{"Walk loudly; and cast a long shadow." 2012}
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Po-lock View Post
    Hey GLOCK, who is your alderman ?
    Mine is Theisen or whatever.......

If we are both in the same district we'll vote for ya.
    Could even lend a hand in your campaign if you need it.

Let me know.
    My Alderman is Dan Haefs District 6...your guy is in District 4...i appreciate`the offer, still chewing on the idea but if i decide to green light it...help with canvassing would be appreciated

Someone started a letter writing (E-mail) campaign against us. They spammed the aldermen with a plea to keep guns out of city buildings and from special events. They go on to say that we are less safe if we carry guns. They refuse to answer my simple question and instead keep spewing their rhetoric while ignoring the plain fact of their infringing of our liberties. All this does is encourage the aldermen to continue the anti gun rhetoric. We need more than 3 people to show up but they need to be GB residents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast