• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay proposed Carry Ban

Interceptor_Knight

The proposal going to the City Council for Tuesday Night's meeting includes a ban on carry of a firearm in all city buildings with the only exception being the direct entrance to and use of a restroom at a park. The only other prohibition is on the concealed carry of weapons which are not firearms which must be openly carried if carried in a city owned building.

Interceptor_Knight

.... My alderman sucks`!
Typical GNINO... (Gun Nut In Name Only)... He likes his guns for hunting but don't you dare think about carrying them around children. They may catch black rifle disease or something. Heaven forbid that they get acclimated to the fact that responsible adults with guns can be trusted and not feared. It is anathema to propose that a holstered firearm is not a threat.
The alderman in the audience was not shy to point out that he owns handguns but does not believe that they should be actually used for a practical purpose. It is much better to just keep your guns locked up in a safe. That is why they call it a safe. Guns in there are not a threat to anyone, especially criminals wishing to do harm. In their eyes, if we are to accomplish just one thing it should be to keep children from seeing firearms and to keep criminals safe.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
what really burned my butt was the fact that my alderman, the frighten fudd TOOL pointed me out & said...you walk past my house with your openly carried gun & to me that's just eerie ...... What a MORON ! I am going to start walking past his house every evening openly carrying when i walk my dog, why not ? to him it's scary and it is the Halloween season :)

I am thinking about running against him in the next city council elections..he has to GO

Last edited:

MKEgal

Interceptor_Knight said:
...a ban on carry of a firearm in all city buildings with the only exception being the direct entrance to and use of a restroom at a park.
Well, isn't that nice of them?
I'll be able to protect myself when I'm in a vulnerable position, but not if I wanted to pay taxes or borrow a book (if I lived there).

The only other prohibition is on the concealed carry of weapons which are not firearms which must be openly carried if carried in a city owned building.
They can't do that. It's not in the law.
See the right-hand column of pg. 17 of the PDF of the law (in my sig):
943.13 (1m) (c) 4 Enters or remains in any part of a building that is owned, occupied, or controlled by the state or any local governmental unit, excluding any building or portion of a building under s. 175.60 (16) (a), if the state or local governmental unit has notified the actor not to enter or remain in the building while carrying a firearm or with that type of firearm.
(does not apply to parking garages or a person who leases part of the building)
Says nothing about that they can require any certain type of carry,
or that they are allowed to ban anything except firearms.

Interceptor_Knight said:
don't you dare think about carrying them around children. They may catch black rifle disease or something.
LOL! I'll have to remember that one.

Interceptor_Knight

They can't do that. It's not in the law.
See the right-hand column of pg. 17 of the PDF of the law (in my sig):

(does not apply to parking garages or a person who leases part of the building)
Says nothing about that they can require any certain type of carry,
or that they are allowed to ban anything except firearms. .
Since there is no State Preemption protecting anything but firearms, the city is free to ban popsicle sticks or anything else they want to call a weapon and they may regulate the manner of carry...

Mlutz

36/61/3 One has to wonder how far they will let it slide before pulling it and not revealing the final results...

Interceptor_Knight

It was eerily quiet at the meeting. No one showed up to speak in support of the ban except for the ghost writer. 2 years ago the mayor pushed for the Open Carry ban but tried to hide behind the committee. No committee member had their name on the original proposal so his hand was caught in the cookie jar. This time they got an alderman who was not on the committee to put his name on the request for an ordinance change so it would look like it came from an alderman.
The media has been pretty absent regarding this. It is not sensational enough for them. I can't even get the TV stations to answer my E-mails.

Deek

Say glock, if your alderman has that feeling about your gun... does he have that sane freak out reaction when he sees one of the local LEOs? (Oh!.... he has a badge?. he must ok then...)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Say glock, if your alderman has that feeling about your gun... does he have that sane freak out reaction when he sees one of the local LEOs? (Oh!.... he has a badge?. he must ok then...)

oh no.....he is in love with LE, feels very safe when a police officers is near.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
It was eerily quiet at the meeting. No one showed up to speak in support of the ban except for the ghost writer. 2 years ago the mayor pushed for the Open Carry ban but tried to hide behind the committee. No committee member had their name on the original proposal so his hand was caught in the cookie jar. This time they got an alderman who was not on the committee to put his name on the request for an ordinance change so it would look like it came from an alderman.
The media has been pretty absent regarding this. It is not sensational enough for them. I can't even get the TV stations to answer my E-mails.

i was expecting all the TV channels to be present...yes it was very quiet with only 4 citizens showing up & out of the 4 only 3 of us spoke out against a ban.......... I hope a few more show up for Tuesdays full council meeting

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
a reporter from WTAQ 97.5 fm / 1360 am news - talk radio was the only media present, they just did a news report about the Meeting last night, they including an audio byte from my speech ...AWESOME !

protias

what really burned my butt was the fact that my alderman, the frighten fudd TOOL pointed me out & said...you walk past my house with your openly carried gun & to me that's just eerie ...... What a MORON ! I am going to start walking past his house every evening openly carrying when i walk my dog, why not ? to him it's scary and it is the Halloween season :)

I am thinking about running against him in the next city council elections..he has to GO

Too bad I don't live in GB so I could vote for you.

bwahahaha