• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay proposed Carry Ban

Da Po-lock

i am just tossing the idea around right now, i have until early December to make a decision...But thanks for the support :)

Hey GLOCK, who is your alderman ?
Mine is Theisen or whatever.......

If we are both in the same district we'll vote for ya.
Could even lend a hand in your campaign if you need it.

Let me know.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Hey GLOCK, who is your alderman ?
Mine is Theisen or whatever.......

If we are both in the same district we'll vote for ya.
Could even lend a hand in your campaign if you need it.

Let me know.

My Alderman is Dan Haefs District 6...your guy is in District 4...i appreciate`the offer, still chewing on the idea but if i decide to green light it...help with canvassing would be appreciated :)

Interceptor_Knight

Someone started a letter writing (E-mail) campaign against us. They spammed the aldermen with a plea to keep guns out of city buildings and from special events. They go on to say that we are less safe if we carry guns. They refuse to answer my simple question and instead keep spewing their rhetoric while ignoring the plain fact of their infringing of our liberties. All this does is encourage the aldermen to continue the anti gun rhetoric. We need more than 3 people to show up but they need to be GB residents.

Interceptor_Knight

Here are some snippets from the Green Bay Protection and Welfare Committee meeting...

It made me nervous when he said he had a right to protect his family and his kids because he has a gun.... Come on!.. Wow!.. Let's not start a militia type atmosphere

I don't see the word Militia mentioned in Article 1 Section 25 of the WI State Constitution which affirms our right to bear arms for security, defense or any other lawful purpose..
Carrying arms and taking care of your own family. boy, that's scary that's really scary
No one but a trained law enforcement officer can protect citizens against a gun wielding psycho. Let the people who are really trained and who are paid to do the job take care of these things

Lurchiron

Here are some snippets from the Green Bay Protection and Welfare Committee meeting...

I don't see the word Militia mentioned in Article 1 Section 25 of the WI State Constitution which affirms our right to bear arms for security, defense or any other lawful purpose..

Sounds like there was a lot of sheep dip flowing...hopefully you had tall boots on, and a shovel. :D

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Someone started a letter writing (E-mail) campaign against us. They spammed the aldermen with a plea to keep guns out of city buildings and from special events. They go on to say that we are less safe if we carry guns. They refuse to answer my simple question and instead keep spewing their rhetoric while ignoring the plain fact of their infringing of our liberties. All this does is encourage the aldermen to continue the anti gun rhetoric. We need more than 3 people to show up but they need to be GB residents.

Since we 3 were the only citizens at the meeting, the P&WC should have done as we the attending majority told them to do....these meetings are useless if the Majority that attends has no real say......very disappointed.

Interceptor_Knight

Since we 3 were the only citizens at the meeting, the P&WC should have done as we the attending majority told them to do....these meetings are useless if the Majority that attends has no real say......very disappointed.

Not this time or any time we are talking about a Civil Liberty. Screw the attending majority. No 2 wolves and a lamb deciding on what is for dinner. If 30 anti's and 1 pro-constitution persons show up, they should have a very compelling reason before they even think about infringing on our Liberties. THAT is the reason they should not have voted for the ban, not how many on either side show up.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Not this time or any time we are talking about a Civil Liberty. Screw the attending majority. No 2 wolves and a lamb deciding on what is for dinner. If 30 anti's and 1 pro-constitution persons show up, they should have a very compelling reason before they even think about infringing on our Liberties. THAT is the reason they should not have voted for the ban, not how many on either side show up.

you are correct. I should have expanded on my response..being that this is a Constitutional issue & we 3 were demanding that our civil liberties not be restricted they should have voted 3-o against this proposed ban. I am sure an overwhelming majority in support of the 2nd Amendment will turn out on Tuesday & I am sure our voices will not be listened to again...
My faith in Government continues to fade away...............

Interceptor_Knight

.being that this is a Constitutional issue & we 3 were demanding that our civil liberties not be restricted they should have voted 3-o against this proposed ban. I am sure an overwhelming majority in support of the 2nd Amendment will turn out on Tuesday & I am sure our voices will not be listened to again......
The bottom line is that the 2 who voted for this proposal have zero concern for Civil Liberties. They should be making decisions independent of how many shoe up and on what side. We know what Franklin said about Liberty and Security... In this case they are trying to give up essential Liberty and surrendering Security...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The bottom line is that the 2 who voted for this proposal have zero concern for Civil Liberties. They should be making decisions independent of how many shoe up and on what side. We know what Franklin said about Liberty and Security... In this case they are trying to give up essential Liberty and surrendering Security...

this !

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
To let the Green Bay residents that use this forum know the GB City Council meeting tomorrow at 7:00pm ROOM 203 second floor @ City hall Will be deciding the fate of ccw in city owned buildings.... at`the last Protection & welfare committee meeting there were only 4 pro CCW people in attendance, if you live in Green Bay and can attend PLEASE do show up & support your ability to protect yourselves in city owned buildings. they will be deciding then.

Last edited: