• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

B.A.T.F.E. Rules on Medical Marijuana.

WARCHILD

How did the gun board find out? This info is supposed to be protected.

I don't know how they found out. But I hope you don't truly believe that info like that is really private. :uhoh:
I have seen in courtrooms where a minor's record had been mentioned in the hearing. Minor's records are supposed to be sealed at 18 and not used for adult violations....yeah right.

As I initially stated; anyone with an MML in this state, has just put their name on a federal hit list.:(

WilDChilD

As I initially stated; anyone with an MML in this state, has just put their name on a federal hit list.:(

Yea with millions of others. So many people use pot that everybody here has close family that uses. Might be your son, grandson, or even your own brothers and sisters. So stupid the stuff the .gov wants to spend money on. They could let out all the marijuana victims in jails and prision and let homeless women and children live there for free and the country would still save money. If people dont like pot stay out of pot shops. If you dont like clean cloth stay out of the laundry mat. If you dont like guns stay the fu(k off this web site. Why does everybody want to tell everbody else what to do? WilDChilD for President in 2012.

stainless1911

Banned
Because of crap like this.

They have learned through bitter experience, not to trust the .gov, that it is simply safer to get it illegally. Gun owners, especially OCers, and potheads have a lot in common.

Several of my friends have told me that they would rather just continue to get it illegally.

WilDChilD

Err...you can't just go into some government office and "get" a MM card if you don't have a medical reason for it to be prescribed.

You dont go to a .gov. You go to the pot sellers. They heve Docs that write up the paperwork, put there name and physicans number on it, then you send in the paperwork and boom two months later mmp card shows up. I know from experience, not mine but a good friend of mine has MS and can not function without it. If everybody could see how it helps her nobody would say its a bad thing ever again! She is two diffrent people. When she hasnt taken it she looks severly handicapped. Before she is even done taking her meds you can barely tell anything is wrong. Is the card abused by recreational users, sure. But so is alcohol and the ,gov and the people think thats fine. If you think pot is wrong and you drink any amount of alcohol you are a hypocrite. PERIOD!

stainless1911

Banned
You dont go to a .gov. You go to the pot sellers. They heve Docs that write up the paperwork, put there name and physicans number on it, then you send in the paperwork and boom two months later mmp card shows up. I know from experience, not mine but a good friend of mine has MS and can not function without it. If everybody could see how it helps her nobody would say its a bad thing ever again! She is two diffrent people. When she hasnt taken it she looks severly handicapped. Before she is even done taking her meds you can barely tell anything is wrong. Is the card abused by recreational users, sure. But so is alcohol and the ,gov and the people think thats fine. If you think pot is wrong and you drink any amount of alcohol you are a hypocrite. PERIOD!

Quoted For Truth.

He's right, the Dr.s and pharmacists dont give you, or sell you weed, you still have to go underground to get it.

Last edited:

WARCHILD

Quoted For Truth.

He's right, the Dr.s and pharmacists dont give you, or sell you weed, you still have to go underground to get it.

You don't "have" to go underground. That's what all the legal hubub is about the pot "dispensaries"; which are state legal stores that sell pot. But, if you are smart and not independently wealthy, you're better off buying it on the street. Dispensaries sell it for $25-$60 a ....GRAM...do the math compared to street sales. You have to be a full blown idiot to buy from them.

griffin

you can't just go into some government office and "get" a MM card if you don't have a medical reason for it to be prescribed.
I think there have been several examples given of non-users having a card. Caregivers and providers were mentioned here. On another forum it was mentioned that some attorneys have gotten cards so they can show people what they look like, and one attorney who helped draft the MI statute was one of the first to get a license, just to see how the new process was working. So I can see some non-users possessing MMLs.

fozzy71

I have heard it said, that prohibition and gun control are the only thing that the .gov has left to enslave its people with, which is why they hold on to it so dearly. I cant remember who said it though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

Violent crime was not responsible for the quadrupling of the incarcerated population in the United States from 1980 to 2003. Violent crime rates had been relatively constant or declining over those decades. The prison population was increased primarily by public policy changes causing more prison sentences and lengthening time served, e.g. through mandatory minimum sentencing, "three strikes" laws, and reductions in the availability of parole or early release. These policies were championed as protecting the public from serious and violent offenders, but instead yielded high rates of confinement for nonviolent offenders. Nearly three quarters of new admissions to state prison were convicted of nonviolent crimes. Only 49 percent of sentenced state inmates were held for violent offenses. Perhaps the single greatest force behind the growth of the prison population has been the national "war on drugs." The number of incarcerated drug offenders has increased twelvefold since 1980. In 2000, 22 percent of those in federal and state prisons were convicted on drug charges.

Last edited:

griffin

I still have not seen where the BATFE has made that statement. The letter only referenced the purchasing of a firearm by a marijuana user who has an MML, it does not mention the ownership/possession of a firearm by an MML holder, who is not a user, being a criminal act.
What do you think about this?

Assistant U.S. Attorney for Montana Jessica Fehr, one of the federal attorneys prosecuting the medical marijuana raid cases in the state, declined to comment specifically on whether federal law enforcement officers would seek out medical marijuana patients who own guns.

"What I can direct you to is the group of indictments that we have already done. They all involve gun charges," Fehr said. "The memo is a reiteration of existing policy, and an accurate statement of the law."

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/ar...emo-states?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Remember the BATFE's position, the mere possession of an MML is probable cause to deny the transfer or ownership of firearms or ammunition. It looks like the fed may be going through or planning to go through MML registries and comparing them with registered firearms owners. Now the person can fight them in court that they are "not users."

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I have heard it said, that prohibition and gun control are the only thing that the .gov has left to enslave its people with, which is why they hold on to it so dearly. I cant remember who said it though.

If you haven't you need to read Atlas Shrugged.

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be
much easier to deal with."
('Atlas Shrugged' 1957)

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Funny, this is what I just posted on MGO.

Sure are trying hard to go after criminals arent they? Guess they ran out, and wanted to come after sick people with CPLs.
flag.gif

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I posted the same thing here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...uana-amp-CPL&p=1618735&viewfull=1#post1618735

only five minutes before you. :p

+++++

According to the BATFE, people with medical marijuana cards cannot purchase firearms or ammunition, and in fact cannot possess firearms or ammunition.

Here is the recent BATFE letter to FFLs.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2...all-ffls-marijuana-for-medicinal-purposes.pdf

Here's the last paragraph (edited):

Therefore, any person who uses...marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user...and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition...As such, you may not transfer firearms or ammunition to the person, even if the person answered "no" to question 11.e. on ATF Form 4473.

In fact, you do not technically even have to be a marijuana user. Just the fact you possess a medical marijuana card disqualifies you from possessing firearms and ammunition.

And I posted it in the same thread you did more than THREE HOURS before you :p:p:p