• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on universities/colleges.

p2a1x7

I was wondering if anyone carries on any campuses around Washington. I will probably end up doing so in the near future when I visit Pullman to visit my girlfriend.

Metalhead47

I was wondering if anyone carries on any campuses around Washington. I will probably end up doing so in the near future when I visit Pullman to visit my girlfriend.

You will most likely find yourself asked to leave in very short order. While not unlawful to carry there under state law, universities are generally pretty anti-2A, and if you're not a student you could be trespassed. As a student, you would likely face school sanctions. So could have repercussions for your g/f too. Sometimes it's prudent to conceal.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Go Dawgs!

As a UW alum, Husky Band Alum and frequent visitor to campus and athletic events I carry concealed on campus. I have carried OC while leaving an event and walking across campus.

hermannr

As a UW alum, Husky Band Alum and frequent visitor to campus and athletic events I carry concealed on campus. I have carried OC while leaving an event and walking across campus.

If someone would take the Universities to court, like they just did in OR, I am pretty sure the outcome would be the same. (OR Appeals court just invalidated the Oregon University Systems ban.

The WACs prohibiting carry only apply to students at WSU, but not so at UW. The UW also prohibits staff and the general public. IMHO these WACs are flaunting the law and are invalid. I think we just need someone to test the system to get them removed.

WSU has a slightly different WAC then UW. In the UW WAC the prohibition includes staff as well as students. Can they charge and jail you? No, but they can do anything else that is "administrative" up to, and including, kicking you out of school and holding your transcripts though.

WSU's WAC pertaining to firearms is 504.26.213

UW's WAC pertaining to firearms is 478.120.020 (students) and 478.124.020 (everyone else) IMHO: 478.124.020 could very easily be challanged in court and won.

Both Universities claim authority through RCW 28B, specifically RCW 28b.30.150 (WSU) and RCW 28b.20.130 (WSU)

Last edited:

hermannr

If someone would take the Universities to court, like they just did in OR, I am pretty sure the outcome would be the same. (OR Appeals court just invalidated the Oregon University Systems ban.

The WACs prohibiting carry only apply to students, but IMHO they are flaunting the law and are invalid. I think we just need someone to test the system to get them removed.

WSU has a slightly different WAC then UW. In the UW WAC the prohibition includes staff as well as students. Can they charge and jail you? No, but they can do anything else that is "administrative" up to kicking you out of school and holding your transcripts though.

WSU's WAC pertaining to firearms is 504.26.213

UW's WAC pertaining to firearms is 478.120.020 (students) and 478.124.020 (everyone else) IMHO: 478.124.020 could very easily be challanged in court and won.

Both Universities claim authority through RCW 28B, specifically RCW 28B.30.150 (WSU) and RCW 28B.20.130 (WSU)