Thread: Interesting OC event yesterday when going to register one of my vehicles.

Interesting OC event yesterday when going to register one of my vehicles.

I live in a small town and went to register one of my vehicles and have always open or concealed carried without issues. I was getting ready to walk into the door and noticed a 5x7 card about two feet from the bottom of the door that said "NO UNAUTHERIZED WEAPONS ALLOWED". I paused for a few seconds and then stuck my head in the door and asked the two ladies "what is considered an unautherized weapon?" This is a small building about the size of a trailer and I was the only customer at the time. They asked me what I had, I told them I was open carrying my Tauras 45ACP and that it was leagal to open carry in Idaho. They looked at each other confused and said nobody has ever asked and they didn't know and to come on in and register my vehicle. I did without problems, they were polite and I was respectful but I think all three of us were a little confussed about the card on the door. I told them they should find out who put the sign there and what it means "UNAUTHERIZED". Strange is all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I hope you injected the misspelling....unautherized?

If not, sounds like there are bigger issues to address.
    Ok, I will go back and check but it is more than likely I fat figered it as I only had a minute to write this up this morning. Saying nothing about the event your job as the grammer police is secure. You can go about your perfect life and keep pointing out others mistakes.

Those "No Unauthorized Waepons Allowed" signs are a hoot! They provide no notice of what weapons are in fact authorized, or who has the authority to provide an authorization, so are essentially meaningless.

If OC is not illegal in your state (seems obvious it is not) and there is no you-can't-buy-this-gun-because-of-cosmetic-features list then it seems someone, somewhere, either authorized, or did not in fact "unauthorize", your handgun. Add to that the inference that you have a permission slip to hide your handgun, which is another authorization of your weapon of choice.

If the two ladies who inhabit that small office structure have no idea who put the sign up, or why, or under what authority, you might volunteer to remove it before some child gets a paper cut walking past it. They'll probably thank you.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Maybe it was for the gang-bangers who illegally carry concealed?
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    If it says "No unauthorized weapons allows...", I'm going in. My sidearm is not an unauthorized "weapon" so I'm good to go. However if asked to leave, I will do so unless it's concealed. Then they wouldn't be any the wiser.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Those "No Unauthorized Waepons Allowed" signs are a hoot!

stay safe.
    All my weapons are authorized by my SO and boy is she strict. Everything has to match. Ammo, holster, folder. I've been sent back to change more than once.
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 09-30-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Those "No Unauthorized Waepons Allowed" signs are a hoot! They provide no notice of what weapons are in fact authorized, or who has the authority to provide an authorization, so are essentially meaningless.

If OC is not illegal in your state (seems obvious it is not) and there is no you-can't-buy-this-gun-because-of-cosmetic-features list then it seems someone, somewhere, either authorized, or did not in fact "unauthorize", your handgun. Add to that the inference that you have a permission slip to hide your handgun, which is another authorization of your weapon of choice.

If the two ladies who inhabit that small office structure have no idea who put the sign up, or why, or under what authority, you might volunteer to remove it before some child gets a paper cut walking past it. They'll probably thank you.

stay safe.
    OC is legal in Idaho, read his first post.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by docwalker View Post
    ok, i will go back and check but it is more than likely i fat figered it as i only had a minute to write this up this morning. Saying nothing about the event your job as the grammer police is secure. You can go about your perfect life and keep pointing out others mistakes.
    hey doc, i wouldn't worry about the whiz kid on spelling , you know what they say about "missouri mules" right?

I can't wait to find out about this mule thing either, I have family that live in Missery....err Missori...or is it Missouri. (just spelling sarcasim I ment to spell the words wrong)

Not to complicate things, but, I will anyway. The Idaho Gun regulations 18-3302 specify CONCEALED carry is illegal in courthouses. Nothing is stated about open carry. HOWEVER, the Idaho Supreme Court has found it has judicial powers to regulate the Security of the Supreme Court rooms and State Court Facilities. It has passed that power to lower courts of district. It has stated that the Legislature has no power to overide judicial orders as to courthouses. It has declared Possesion of a weapon in a courthouse, court room or court facility is prohibited.

With tha said, the Canyon County Court has declared the Motor Vehicle Registration Annex as Court House Facilities as it used to be in the Canyon county Courthouse building.

In Mountain Home and other areas? Depends on the Judge. He has all the power.

http://blog.joehuffman.org/content/b...8125807052.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Ok, I will go back and check but it is more than likely I fat figered it as I only had a minute to write this up this morning. Saying nothing about the event your job as the grammer police is secure. You can go about your perfect life and keep pointing out others mistakes.
    Hehe, you misspelled 'fingered' and 'grammar'. (bats eyelashes and grins mischievously)
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

I'm curious about these Missouri Mules that have been referenced.

The ones I've seen don't OC...don't know about CCW.

Please, enlighten me/us Missourians.

Tanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Hehe, you misspelled 'fingered' and 'grammar'. (bats eyelashes and grins mischievously)
    Sarcasim I love it. Most people either didn't catch it or just didn't say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I can't wait to find out about this mule thing either, I have family that live in Missery....err Missori...or is it Missouri. (just spelling sarcasim I ment to spell the words wrong)

The mule thing is simple. Mess with a Mule, be prepared for an Ass kicking. Mule....Ass....get it.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post

...the Idaho Supreme Court...has declared Possesion of a weapon in a courthouse, court room or court facility is prohibited.

With tha said, the Canyon County Court has declared the Motor Vehicle Registration Annex as Court House Facilities as it used to be in the Canyon county Courthouse building.
    Surely there are no courthouses anywhere that will permit weapons inside.

Interestingly, in DeSoto County, Mississippi, I asked the Deputy Sheriff who sits just inside the DC Municipal Building if it was permissible to conceal carry with a firearms permit inside the municipal complex (which is behind the county courthouse), and he said it was allowed with a firearms permit.

I learned something new that day.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Surely there are no courthouses anywhere that will permit weapons inside.

Interestingly, in DeSoto County, Mississippi, I asked the Deputy Sheriff who sits just inside the DC Municipal Building if it was permissible to conceal carry with a firearms permit inside the municipal complex (which is behind the county courthouse), and he said it was allowed with a firearms permit.

I learned something new that day.
    I never take legal advice from a LEO, find out what your state law says on it yourself.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

here's something on "GA mules and country boys". one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzdqY...eature=related
    Last edited by papa bear; 09-30-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

There's a park near where I live, "Gary Pirkle Park" to be exact that has the clause, "No Unauthorized Weapons Allowed in Park" as one of its rules. I took a moment to email the person listed as the Point of Contact for the parks and received a phone call in return.
    Apparently it means "As long as you have a license to carry a weapon in Georgia, then we consider it to be an 'authorized' weapon." I would have made mention that a weapons license was not required with long arms, but I seem to recall that long arms, bows and arrows, spring guns, air rifles, slingshots, or any other device which discharges projectiles are already prohibited in parks per state law.(O.C.G.A. § 12-3-10 (o) (2))

I think what it really means is "We're too cheap to manufacture new signs, and we'd like all the visitors to at least believe that they can't bring weapons to the park."
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 09-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Seeing as I am from South Carolina, originally, and now live in Missery due to employment, I'll agree with you that it is Missery....though, they do have a higher regard for OC here in Missery than they do in SC.
    You are free to leave the same way you came. And if that isn't possible, you can just leave anyway and at anytime....preferably the sooner the better!!

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    My steaks used to be part of a steer, but I don't call them livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    My steaks used to be part of a steer, but I don't call them livestock.
    Deadstock?

Beefstock?

Perhaps just beef stake.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

You're my hero!!

I hoped you realize I was giving you a hard time,earlier!!