Thread: Warrantless cell phone searches banned in Calif.

Warrantless cell phone searches banned in Calif.

http://www.policeone.com/legal/artic...nned-in-Calif/

So the California supreme court says "you can do it!!" and the new law says "no, you cannot without a warrant"

So what are you going to do when a LEO attempts to seize your cell phone/videorecorder during an E check?
    Well we all know where resisting will get us, and saying "thats illegal search without a warrant" probably wont stop the bad LEO from violating your rights.

By the way what was the bill that was passed and what will be the penal code assigned to it?
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    let any LEO that feels the need to take my cellphone do it. i have a program from android that allows my voice recorder to instantly send any recording to my email when the recording stops. he turns off the phone. it gets sent. he stops the recording to delete it. it gets sent. he removes the battery.......well you get the drift. so all he will be doing is giving me more power to sue the living crap out of him :-) lol
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    let any LEO that feels the need to take my cellphone do it. i have a program from android that allows my voice recorder to instantly send any recording to my email when the recording stops. he turns off the phone. it gets sent. he stops the recording to delete it. it gets sent. he removes the battery.......well you get the drift. so all he will be doing is giving me more power to sue the living crap out of him :-) lol

What recorder program is it? sounds useful

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    What program is that?