• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warrantless cell phone searches banned in Calif.

Firemark

So what are you going to do when a LEO attempts to seize your cell phone/videorecorder during an E check?
Well we all know where resisting will get us, and saying "thats illegal search without a warrant" probably wont stop the bad LEO from violating your rights.

By the way what was the bill that was passed and what will be the penal code assigned to it?

carry for myself

let any LEO that feels the need to take my cellphone do it. i have a program from android that allows my voice recorder to instantly send any recording to my email when the recording stops. he turns off the phone. it gets sent. he stops the recording to delete it. it gets sent. he removes the battery.......well you get the drift. so all he will be doing is giving me more power to sue the living crap out of him :) lol

jecsd1

let any LEO that feels the need to take my cellphone do it. i have a program from android that allows my voice recorder to instantly send any recording to my email when the recording stops. he turns off the phone. it gets sent. he stops the recording to delete it. it gets sent. he removes the battery.......well you get the drift. so all he will be doing is giving me more power to sue the living crap out of him :) lol

What recorder program is it? sounds useful

Gabriel Carvajal

What program is that?