• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beacon Falls pistol permit requirements

Rich B

dcmdon

Just read the application pasted by the OP. there were two extralegal requirements that the OP didn't recognize as such

1) form must be notarized
2) copy of birth certificate

dcmdon

Yeah. I realize that now. I'll remove my post. Although there is a difference between proof of citizenship and a birth certificate. Once people start complying with the real ID requirements for their Drivers License that will be proof of citizenship. I'm going to hold out for the "not good for federal identification" type of CT Drivers license.

Don

GoldCoaster

You don't have to be a citizen to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. You do, however, have to be a legal resident of the state. A foreign passport and a valid green card will establish you are not an illegal and you get your permit same as anyone else.

KIX

You don't have to be a citizen to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. You do, however, have to be a legal resident of the state. A foreign passport and a valid green card will establish you are not an illegal and you get your permit same as anyone else.

+1

In fact, often I see cases at the BFPE where someone is denied, they're not citizens and then get their permit. I wonder how often this happens.... could be interesting to get the data on this (though I suspect it would take a good deal of time that could be used elsewhere).

Jonathan

GoldCoaster

I don't think it's enough of a concern that it should take time away from your real project of documenting town abuses to the permitting procedure. That in my opinion is the first step to going to shall issue and take the control out of the hands of the petty town dictators.

I know for a fact if you have a valid green card, and a town permit (or temp permit as they are now) Troop G will make you up a state permit.

Armedinct

I live in Beacon Falls also. The sad thing is we have a resident trooper. You would think since that is the fact we would follow state rules. But our little part time PD runs the show for this crap. They also will go to your neighbors house and ask them if they think its OK for you to get a pistol permit. Thanks BFPD for telling the might be criminal that I'm about to have guns in my house and making me a target of their's. The cops aren't reallty bad they don't give you crap for getting your permit or turning in dps-3 forms. But they could start to follow the rules set by the state.

Bryan

smokeyburnout

All in all it was much easier than I expected it to be. Especially after I told them I would only submit what is required by the state. I expected things to go completely different but he said "ok" and proceeded with the rest of the process. They didnt make me wait over 8 weeks (which I fully expected for the above mentioned reason). I should note that I do personally know the officer and the first selectman I dont beleive this really changed anything about the situation. Especially as the officer and I have "met" a few times when I was young and stupid. lol

Armedinct

smokey where in the falls are you? and does that name refer to tires burning out? of a bike possible?

smokeyburnout

I live on church st right near the pd. The user name is from my ownership of mustangs. Ive always had at least one and tend to have a heavy foot when driving them. Lol

Armedinct

lol i was figuring that or a bike...I'm up on skokorat we bring our kids over your way for holloween.

davidmcbeth

Banned
. They are asking for 3 letters of reference
Now this one is retarded ... what if you don't know anybody ... one does not have to have friends .. one could be a hermit ..

the whole process is clearly outside the scope of what is needed to carry ... clearly you already OWN ... right?