• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCMomma pushing a stroller concerns

OCMomma

Well I popped my OC cherry

I have opened carried with my youngest in tow without any issues. I had a few people notice but no one said anything. I will post if I have any issues. Thanks guys and gals for reassuring me!!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I have opened carried with my youngest in tow without any issues. I had a few people notice but no one said anything. I will post if I have any issues. Thanks guys and gals for reassuring me!!

Knowing how far you want to go and what direction to take with a heckler, will come with confidence. Don't feel obligated. You don't have to be an OC spokesperson if you don't want.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Knowing how far you want to go and what direction to take with a heckler, will come with confidence. Don't feel obligated. You don't have to be an OC spokesperson if you don't want.

Nice description of someone that decides to verbally challenge an armed individual about the fact of their being armed.

Not that we would, but it sure seems they would draw and shoot us if they only had the guts to have their owm gun. But then, what would you call someone to gets in the face of a person carrying a gun, except stupid? Walking away from crazy persons is a good idea. Keeping your eye on them, and your digital voice recorder going as you walk away from them is a better idea.

I don't want to be confrontational, but if you commit the criminal offense of curse and abuse against me, and assault me, let alone commit battery, you need to be prepared for a meeting with the cops. I'd rather the cops confront that person.

stay safe.

OCMomma

Its soooo nice

It's sooo nice when I OC because those certain kind of guys stare at my gun now instead of my chest!!. I will have to say its a nice change and wish I had OCed sooner :)

I am not really concerned with what people think and if they still wish to push their opinion on me I just plan on smiling and say thank you, then walk away. Thanks again everyone for making me feel more confident.

BTW this was my first mag in my new Springfield XD 40cal subcompact!! I am a very happy woman!1stclipspringfieldxd.jpg

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

Keep in mind, when in a self-defense situation, you still have to be aware of your target AND what is beyond/behind it. Headshots might be cool in video games, but that's a smaller target, and head level with anyone else who might be nearby...

Placing shots center-of-mass (CoM), that means torso, is safer and just as effective.

Baked on Grease

Thanks for the responses!! I am fully educated on the wheres and whats of the law, so none of that is an issue. I have a weapons permit and I am experienced with weapons. My concern was the fact that now I want to OC, which will bring very spirited people out of the woodworks, I wanted to see if others had noticed that they were harrassed more because of having their kids in tow. Thanks for the website info!! I will be sure to check it out. :)

If anything people pay more attention to my 2 year old than to me. I notice very few looks when with my wife (who carries too now, rejoice! ) and my son are with me. It might differ if you are going to any sort of event with your kids, as the hecklers concern is not that you carry around your kid, but that you have the audacity to carry around their kids. I mean... Think of the children! :p

Sent using tapatalk

OCMomma

Keep in mind, when in a self-defense situation, you still have to be aware of your target AND what is beyond/behind it. Headshots might be cool in video games, but that's a smaller target, and head level with anyone else who might be nearby...

Placing shots center-of-mass (CoM), that means torso, is safer and just as effective.

I am fully aware in a real life situation this is not realistic, I was just having fun at the range.:D

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Ocmomma:

I have a 4 yr. Old daughter and a 4 mo. Old daughter, and openly carry everywhere when I'm with them, and have never ran into any problems other than a couple looks, but OC is quite common in Ky. When my oldest daughter and I leave n the mornings to take her to school b4 I go to work, I carry concealed, and just this morning she said daddy you gOt yOur gun don't you?. I thought that was amusing, 4 years old and already making sure I'm packing. Those Two lil angels are the reasOn I carry, just as yOu do, so if anyone says anything just tell them you think enough of your children's well-being to plan ahead. I'm sure people wouldn't have much to say after that. Teach your kids the rules of firearms, make sure they respect them for what they are and to not touch unless you say so, and forget about everybody else. I'll let my little girl help me clean mine, and even bought her a little single shot .22 cricket rifle, and firearms aren't a mystery to her, she knows if she ever comes acoss one at a friends what to do, and loves shooting, it can be a great chance to bond once your youngans get old enough to do so. Stay safe, and thank you for standing up and not becoming a victim! I wish every woman carried, and the Ones that do are an inspiration to myself, and other women as well.

Polynikes

My wife took our three year old son and one year old daughter to an event where firefighters were letting little ones climb on a truck and look around. I was one proud daddy when my wife described the look on the firefighter's faces when they were trying to explain to my son how they kept him safe and he quickly interrupted and said "No, mommy has a gun to keep me safe." :lol:

OCMomma

Don't mean to talk down if it seemed that way, just don't know you so figured I'd mention it.

Fun, away!

I wasn't offended ;-) don't worry when it comes down to it I will be shooting at the torso. But hey if I can make those kinda shots then the torso will be a much easier shot for me.