Thread: Waiting Medford Ma,

Waiting Medford Ma,

Hi all,
    I am on my 50th day of waiting for a call from the Meford Police in Ma. about my LTC .
    What find very shocking after all this time, the check I gave them still has not been cashed.
    I have had no call for finger-printing or pics.

Is this the norm?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coranado Golf View Post
    Hi all,
    I am on my 50th day of waiting for a call from the Meford Police in Ma. about my LTC .
    What find very shocking after all this time, the check I gave them still has not been cashed.

Is this the norm?
    Maybe they lost it

As in a class A license, the class B license shall be issued or denied within 40 days of application.
    http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/a/gunlaws_ma.htm

http://www.medfordpolice.com/gunpermits.htm

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

what now

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Maybe they lost it

As in a class A license, the class B license shall be issued or denied within 40 days of application.
    http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/a/gunlaws_ma.htm

http://www.medfordpolice.com/gunpermits.htm

I talked to a detective from the department on the phone( not the one who handles the Licenses) and she said I should wait because they do them in batchs.
    I am concerned If I push them to hard about their poor turn-around time ,they may not look at me in favorable manner when deciding what kind of license to issue me.

When I applied for my non-res back in 2003 I was living in Billerica. They have days set aside to get fingerprinted. Very friendly and professional. The State Police handle non-res and have no ax to grind if you already have one from your home state, as I did from VA--plus non-res from NH. I also had a resident CCW back in the late '70s, early '80s from MA, first from Sudbury (anti-gun) and renewed in Norfolk (pro-gun). In the PDR, it really depends on where you live. Overall, my experiences were all very favorable there.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

And did I mention I am a disabled Afghanistan Vet.
    Kind of Ironic.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    And did I mention I am a disabled Afghanistan Vet.
    Kind of Ironic.
    Thank you for your service.

You are likely already on an number of *watch lists* and here you are looking to be placed in another.

There are absolutely no limits to which you will go to be placed on yet another.
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

Hi all,

Is this the norm?
    Medford is a red town, so they usually issue with T&H restrictions, so ya crap like this is normal for them. It's a tricky call because they are in the wrong right now, but ******* them off will guarantee they screw with you back. If you hear nothing by day 60 I'd call and ask to speak with the licensing officer. Plan your speech out ahead of time and explain your not trying to be a p.i.t.a but you read that they only have 40 days and there not moving on it and your wondering why?

I'm a former Medford resident.

I was living in Medford when I transferred my license from Nashua, NH to Medford. Class-A, High Capacity for all Lawful purposes is what I applied for.

I put the paperwork in, in April of 2006. They called me in in May to get my photo and fingerprints done and cashed my 100 dollar check.

June, July, August, September and October went by. I called ONCE a month.

In November they called to tell me come pick it up.

Funny thing, reading the license the STATE signed and issued in in June.

So the TOWN OF MEDFORD sat on the license for a full 5 months before issuing it to me.

And they only issued it for "Hunting and Target Only".

I called to complain and was told "If you don't like it, we can just take it back and you'll never get another one in the state again".

Almost exactly word for word what I was told.

I've moved out of Medford this summer luckily...

I hate MA. I grew up there but never got into guns because we all knew it wasnt worth the hastle. I now live in NH and man its totally opposite MA. I get my Non-res MA every year with out issue through the MA state police fire arms bureau. Its a shame thats easier for a non res to get a permit before a resident.

Hi all,

Is this the norm?
    When the phone don't ring, it's them calling!!!

I talked to a detective from the department on the phone( not the one who handles the Licenses) and she said I should wait because they do them in batchs.
    I am concerned If I push them to hard about their poor turn-around time ,they may not look at me in favorable manner when deciding what kind of license to issue me.
    They already decided that, by THEIR POLICY, long before you ever walked in the door.