Thread: Chicks With Guns

Chicks With Guns

I love this book!

Excerpt:

"Pop quiz: Name one accessory that grandmothers, moms, girls, wealthy socialites, middle-class females and low-income women might be likely to own and cherish all across America."

The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

This particular book is causing quite a stir over on another handgun forum among the female audience!

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    This particular book is causing quite a stir over on another handgun forum among the female audience!
    I hope it's stirring them up!

And why shouldn't it? The better half of our species have more than held their own over the last 10,000 years. Hollywood barely touched on it over the years, casting the vast majority of them in victorian swoon roles. Only recently have kick-ass roles come to the fore.

Unfortunately most have gone over the top, depicting some females in overly-dominant roles that make Dirty Harry look like crying wimp.

Attractive? No.

Angelina Jolie's role in Wanted was perfect in my book. Hard edge, yes, but for a reason (see the movie), yet soft-hearted and flexible with respect to what's going on. In the end, she...

You'll have to see the movie, but in a nutshell, she does the same thing most of us would do - work largely within the system, so long as the system allows, and do what's right, always.

ANYONE could have played her part and be seen by 97.32674% of the guys on our planet as "sexy as hell."

Well, ok. Any hollywood actress over the last three decades... But that includes Helen Mirram,
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I preferred the "chicks with guns" that had less clothing...
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

I am buying myself a copy for Christmas.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I'm impressed that it (what I've read of it so far, at least) has remained neutral on the subject; as far as the author's opinions go.

Here's hoping this fall's must have accessory for women is a 9mm and good holster!

I have a 9mm and a .38 but I carry the .45.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'm impressed that it (what I've read of it so far, at least) has remained neutral on the subject; as far as the author's opinions go.

Here's hoping this fall's must have accessory for women is a 9mm and good holster!
    Funny that you should say that... my wife claimed my Sig 2022 9mm and Forbus paddle holster as her own, forcing me to get myself another gun!

Pictures of my wife with our guns are here: http://cavemangunner.blogspot.com/20...-our-guns.html if, that is, anyone is interested.

EDIT:

WOW! Just checked on Amazon to see what this book was selling for and they are already out of stock!
    Last edited by Verd; 10-02-2011 at 12:43 AM.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I carry a .40, myself, but figured 9mm was a good place to start . Ideally, I would carry my Glock in my waistband, a 9mm on my ankle and a .380 in my flashbang. Just need to save up some money so I can get my BUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    Funny that you should say that... my wife claimed my Sig 2022 9mm and Forbus paddle holster as her own, forcing me to get myself another gun!

Pictures of my wife with our guns are here: http://cavemangunner.blogspot.com/20...-our-guns.html if, that is, anyone is interested.

EDIT:

WOW! Just checked on Amazon to see what this book was selling for and they are already out of stock!
    Nice pics! That's cool that your wife likes the 2022; I had a Sig P250c for awhile, but the trigger pull was ridiculous, so I traded it for a Glock 27.

I have the stainless Kimber UCII .45 for dressing down, and the blue/wood grip EMP 9mm for dressing up
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I carry a .40, myself, but figured 9mm was a good place to start . Ideally, I would carry my Glock in my waistband, a 9mm on my ankle and a .380 in my flashbang. Just need to save up some money so I can get my BUG.
    I was totally new to pistols in 2009 and started with a little .22. Got past that pretty quickly and bought my 9mm. You are right, a 9 is a good handgun to learn on. Two months later I bought my .45 and I wouldn't take anything for it. I have a Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander and I love that gun. I tried a Glock, a Glock 19 I think it was, and just didn't care for it. I couldn't seem to get a good grip on it because the grip was too big for my hands. But enough people love them so I know beyond a doubt that they are very good guns.

But 38+9=47...

Og go back to cave now.

Campaign Veteran
    Chicks with Guns (getting back on-topic)...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 10-05-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Chicks with Guns (getting back on-topic)...
    Pistol Packing Mama and I WERE on topic. We're both chicks with guns!

So, gotta ask what's different with you vice the hairier of us? More looks? Less? LE looks the other way vs LE say "Ah-HAH!"

I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    So, gotta ask what's different with you vice the hairier of us? More looks? Less? LE looks the other way vs LE say "Ah-HAH!"

I'm curious.
    Who knows? Maybe they think we need the protection more than guys? Maybe they think you guys are just being macho? BTW, I don't agree with either of those statements!

They don't always give us a pass. When I was stopped for an illegal lane change, the LEO disarmed me (I was in my car) and unloaded the gun before giving it back to me.

WELL! Its common knowledge that chicks are better shooters anyway.........

HA!

Quote Originally Posted by scornd View Post
    HA!
    Yep
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    Yep
    My girl and I went shooting not to long ago. Was her first time with a handgun. My 3rd time. Well she whooped my ass for sure. I had to cut her off so I had some targets to shoot. LOL

They don't always give us a pass.
    Perhaps not. My experience is that my ex skated on 8 speeding citations, and three citations of totally wrecking our vehicles. She was a looker. During the same time, I got stuck with three minor speeding citations.

Seriously? I paid $350 from pocket for a couple mph over the limit, while she skated on multiple occasions of wreckless driving totaling more than $17,000 in damage. And she wasn't fined a damned cent, while my insurance bills went through the roof.

So, they may not always give you a pass, but in my experience from 1991-2001, they gave you a huge, whopping pass.

I didn't realize it until later, but the best financial decision I ever made was in not fighting her decision to divorce me. My insurance company agreed with me, and she's found it almost impossible to find insurance. I wish she hadn't, as she wouldn't have been allowed to keep custody. In 4 of the 5 accidents, our son was in her custody.

That right women are betters shot for sure. I had the chance to talk to an a lady that used to be a air marshal at one time before she got marriage 2 reason for it one is the hand and eye coordination and the other is they have little extra layer of fat on the nerve ending to absorb the shock to the round when fired. My wife and I read a article in a gun book where these cops wives took shooting lesson and then challenges they husband and beat them. They husband got mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidph8 View Post
    My girl and I went shooting not to long ago. Was her first time with a handgun. My 3rd time. Well she whooped my ass for sure. I had to cut her off so I had some targets to shoot. LOL
    Take more targets? Actually, depending on what kind of target, we pick a spot upper left and shoot for that, then upper right, and so on around the perimeter of the paper before center bull. Gives a little practice in identifying a specific spot and centering the focus
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    Take more targets? Actually, depending on what kind of target, we pick a spot upper left and shoot for that, then upper right, and so on around the perimeter of the paper before center bull. Gives a little practice in identifying a specific spot and centering the focus
    lol. Well all we had at the time was about 10 2 liter bottles filled with water. She took out 7 before I hit one. Oh well at least she wants a gun of her own now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidph8 View Post
    lol. Well all we had at the time was about 10 2 liter bottles filled with water. She took out 7 before I hit one. Oh well at least she wants a gun of her own now.
    Well, there's your problem ... fill with pebbles/gravel/sand instead Or, add several packages of jello to the water ... fun with colors! Be sure to take a trash bag to keep the jello/stickiness off the car Cardboard and simple sheets of newspaper spray glued on can make interesting targets ... a couple of pieces of t-post or even rebar can make acceptable uprights, binder clips to clamp the cardboard ... just be sure to take a hammer to pound it in. We went to the local farm supply store and bought straight and elbow and connectors of 3/4" threaded pipe and made stands __|__ (side view) with a center span (H) where rebar or smaller pipe can be inserted as an upright. They are "stackable" for storage, light weight enough to haul around and sturdy enough to stand up to the wind out here. One of my favorite exercises when the wind is blowing (20+mph) is to string a piece of wire across the top of the upright and suspend various metal cans (poke hole with nail before leaving the house, and take wire & pliers LOL) to make a set of moving targets. Teaches you about windage and elevation when you are shooting at 30 yards or more with a pistol

Kudos for the other half! Now she will understand when you start including ammo, range time, and training classes in your budget
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~