• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicks With Guns

since9

Campaign Veteran
I love this book!

Excerpt:

"Pop quiz: Name one accessory that grandmothers, moms, girls, wealthy socialites, middle-class females and low-income women might be likely to own — and cherish — all across America."

:D

MilProGuy

This particular book is causing quite a stir over on another handgun forum among the female audience!:D

since9

Campaign Veteran
This particular book is causing quite a stir over on another handgun forum among the female audience!:D

I hope it's stirring them up!

And why shouldn't it? The better half of our species have more than held their own over the last 10,000 years. Hollywood barely touched on it over the years, casting the vast majority of them in victorian swoon roles. Only recently have kick-ass roles come to the fore.

Unfortunately most have gone over the top, depicting some females in overly-dominant roles that make Dirty Harry look like crying wimp.

Attractive? No.

Angelina Jolie's role in Wanted was perfect in my book. Hard edge, yes, but for a reason (see the movie), yet soft-hearted and flexible with respect to what's going on. In the end, she...

You'll have to see the movie, but in a nutshell, she does the same thing most of us would do - work largely within the system, so long as the system allows, and do what's right, always.

ANYONE could have played her part and be seen by 97.32674% of the guys on our planet as "sexy as hell."

Well, ok. Any hollywood actress over the last three decades... But that includes Helen Mirram,

PistolPackingMomma

I'm impressed that it (what I've read of it so far, at least) has remained neutral on the subject; as far as the author's opinions go.

Here's hoping this fall's must have accessory for women is a 9mm and good holster!

Verd

Campaign Veteran
I'm impressed that it (what I've read of it so far, at least) has remained neutral on the subject; as far as the author's opinions go.

Here's hoping this fall's must have accessory for women is a 9mm and good holster!

Funny that you should say that... my wife claimed my Sig 2022 9mm and Forbus paddle holster as her own, forcing me to get myself another gun!

Pictures of my wife with our guns are here: http://cavemangunner.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-wife-and-our-guns.html if, that is, anyone is interested.

EDIT:

WOW! Just checked on Amazon to see what this book was selling for and they are already out of stock!

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I have a 9mm and a .38 but I carry the .45.

I carry a .40, myself, but figured 9mm was a good place to start :D. Ideally, I would carry my Glock in my waistband, a 9mm on my ankle and a .380 in my flashbang. Just need to save up some money so I can get my BUG.

PistolPackingMomma

Funny that you should say that... my wife claimed my Sig 2022 9mm and Forbus paddle holster as her own, forcing me to get myself another gun!

Pictures of my wife with our guns are here: http://cavemangunner.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-wife-and-our-guns.html if, that is, anyone is interested.

EDIT:

WOW! Just checked on Amazon to see what this book was selling for and they are already out of stock!

Nice pics! That's cool that your wife likes the 2022; I had a Sig P250c for awhile, but the trigger pull was ridiculous, so I traded it for a Glock 27.

okboomer

I have the stainless Kimber UCII .45 for dressing down, and the blue/wood grip EMP 9mm for dressing up :p

Ruby

I carry a .40, myself, but figured 9mm was a good place to start :D. Ideally, I would carry my Glock in my waistband, a 9mm on my ankle and a .380 in my flashbang. Just need to save up some money so I can get my BUG.

I was totally new to pistols in 2009 and started with a little .22. Got past that pretty quickly and bought my 9mm. You are right, a 9 is a good handgun to learn on. Two months later I bought my .45 and I wouldn't take anything for it. I have a Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander and I love that gun. I tried a Glock, a Glock 19 I think it was, and just didn't care for it. I couldn't seem to get a good grip on it because the grip was too big for my hands. But enough people love them so I know beyond a doubt that they are very good guns.

Ruby

So, gotta ask what's different with you vice the hairier of us? More looks? Less? LE looks the other way vs LE say "Ah-HAH!"

I'm curious.

Who knows? Maybe they think we need the protection more than guys? Maybe they think you guys are just being macho? BTW, I don't agree with either of those statements!

They don't always give us a pass. When I was stopped for an illegal lane change, the LEO disarmed me (I was in my car) and unloaded the gun before giving it back to me.