• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Elkhorn full city council 10/3 6:00 pm

paul@paul-fisher.com

I don't have the agenda yet but the committee in charge of this is punting to the city council for direction whether they should even consider posting.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Just got back. A very good meeting!

The committee was asking the full board for direction on which way to go.

So..... the direction is this. The committee will come up with an ordinance that will mirror state law in every way EXCEPT for posting buildings. As a matter of fact, they are seriously considering allowing city employees to carry on the job.

Most of councilmen were at least neutral. One, a Walworth Count Sheriff's deputy (sergeant or captain) said that the worst feeling he could imagine is being helpless as someone comes in and starts hooting and that he couldn't defend himself and his co-workers. Another councilman said he carried frequently. Two more said they don't own guns but understand it is my right.

So... I'll keep an eye on them and report back but it seems that the City of Elkhorn will NOT be posting!

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Either the Good Folk of Elkhorn truly know how to pack 10 pounds of manure into their blivet or you, Sir, are one exceptional public speaker! I suppose it could be a little bit of both too...:)

Last edited:

bmwguy11

Had great success at the city of west bend tonight too. They voted not to infringe 2a rights AND they also repealed the city's ban on employees carrying weapons!

M

McX

Paul, you are the stuff legends are made of. me; i'm more an andy whorholl 20 minutes of fame kinda guy. but none the less, thank you 1000 times over.