• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I don't think this guy got the memo that Olivette was no OC.

repomasterstl

http://www.ksdk.com/news/crime/article/279150/147/Olivette-business-robbed-at-gunpoint

Olivette, MO (KSDK) - Detectives with the Olivette Police Department are investigating an armed robbery at a local business.

According to Olivette Police Chief Richard Knox, the robbery occurred Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. at a business in the 9400 block of Olive Boulevard. The business was not identified.

The suspect walked into the business, displayed a handgun and demanded money from the register. The suspect then assaulted the clerk with the handgun and fled the scene. The clerk was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for her injuries.

Police described the suspect as an African-American man in his late 20s or early 30s, with a muscular build and a shaved head. He was wearing a light colored tank-top style shirt and blue jeans.

Tony4310

Didn't Maplewood have some issues as well after banning OC?

I guessing being afraid of legally armed citizens is far easier and cheaper than addressing the REAL issue of illegally armed criminals.

I guess this guy just proved our point for us.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yep, he got the memo and the open invite, as has always been the history with gun rights. Restrict them, increase crime, it happens EVERY TIME.

In fact, it has been that way since the beginning of gun control. The banning of guns in the "wild west" lead to some of the most dramatic increases in violent crime in our countries history. They took em so the criminals concealed em and killed folks with ease.

Do not fear the man with a gun on his side as you can see his limitations, fear the man who seeks to limit you while concealing his power to be exercised later.

xdmcompact

Never would of seen this coming. Hows that No OCing working out so far Olivette?

+1

Didn't take long for someone to prove that when an ordinance is adopted by a municipality, it only affects the legal citizen. To actually think that any weapons ordinance will stop crime shows that you voted for Obama.:banana:

John3

This is crazy talk. We all know the city leaders guaranteed everyones safety when they created this gun free zone. Crime just can't happen anymore committed with a firearm...

For Pete's Sake!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/crime/article/279150/147/Olivette-business-robbed-at-gunpoint

Olivette, MO (KSDK) - Detectives with the Olivette Police Department are investigating an armed robbery at a local business.

According to Olivette Police Chief Richard Knox, the robbery occurred Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. at a business in the 9400 block of Olive Boulevard. The business was not identified.

The suspect walked into the business, displayed a handgun and demanded money from the register. The suspect then assaulted the clerk with the handgun and fled the scene. The clerk was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for her injuries.

Police described the suspect as an African-American man in his late 20s or early 30s, with a muscular build and a shaved head. He was wearing a light colored tank-top style shirt and blue jeans.

I heard today that the armed robbery occurred at the liquor store right next to city hall and the police station. LMAO!

Freedom 1st

There appeared to be no other patrons in the store. Only a single clerk can be seen. What exactly does a OC ban in Olivette have to do with the prevention of this assault and attempted robbery? If OC were not banned in Olivette this situation would have likely occurred anyway. I can not cite, but I guess criminals do these things even in communities that do not ban OC. This is exactly the type of situation that should not be used to illustrate the 2A cause here in Missouri. This situation illustrates the need for a law to permit employees to be lawfully armed, via CCW to begin with.

Though, her efforts to prevent the BG from getting any cash is laudable, stupid, but laudable. I wonder if she is traumatized by the experience, or now will seek to get a CCW, if she does not already have one.

You're right an OC friendly city would still be open to this kind of assault and attempted robbery.

This situation illustrates the need for a law to permit employees to be lawfully armed........ VIA CCW or OC to begin with. ( There I fixed that part for ya.)

I see no reason the clerk should have to pay for the privledge of self defense, if they so choose to OC vs CC. After all the right to bear arms is guaranteed in both the U.S. and state constitution. I do not remember reading where it only pertained to CC. Wait I'm pretty sure Article 1 section 23 said we had the right but it did not justify the wearing of concealed weapons, in the state constitution. Well it's good they at least had the good sense to subject CC to pre-emptive law.

Or are you trying to suggest Missouri pass a law that if they pay for the privledge they should have the right to carry everywhere irreguardless of,,,,,,,oh, let's say the property owners wishes.

You do realize that if CCW was not subject to pre-emptive law, most of these anti communities would also ban CC if they could, right?

rant off.

Last edited:

Freedom 1st

I state CCW to begin with for the simple fact that CCW is preempted. A law must allow for an employee to have the choice to arm themselves when at work. Any business that has unrestricted access to the public is a potential target for crime. Now, and correct me if I am wrong, OC is not illegal in any place you have the right to be or are in "control" of, generally speaking. If the business owner permits his employees to be armed OC (or CCW), then the local bans on OC are a non-issue inside the business. If your primary duties at your place of employment involve a great deal of outside work this may be an issue if a local ban is in effect.

This is exactly the type of situation that should not be used to illustrate the 2A cause here in Missouri. (a line from your original statement)

What is the type of situation we should use to illustrate or define the 2nd amendment cause here in Mo.? I guess for me the 2A cause would be getting us back to our original constitutions, and restoring the RIGHT "to keep and bear arms" instead of passing yet another law giving us PERMISSON to have a means of self defense. I'm a pretty simple, back to the basic. less is more type of person. There are certain things our law makers should and should not be involved with, and the method of carry is not one of them IMO.

I am a very much in support of CC. I hold Mo. and Az. permits. I am very openly in support of OC. I try to OC every chance I get for several reasons. IMHO Open Carry is a more comfortable form of carry. I personally believe it is a deterrant to criminals. I believe, that GOD forbid I ever have to use my weapon, I could do so more swiftly, accurately, safely than I could from a CC position, and to possibly educate another to their right/duty to protect themselves. Although that the last one is not a priority of mine, and I try not to stress the method. The benefits of OC outweigh the disadvantages. JMHO. It is a personal preferrance and it's "better" for me.

I carry 99% of the time, and most of the time it is concealed. Do you want to know why???? Our state law makers have taken the RIGHT away, and replaced it with a PERMISSON SLIP in some areas by preempting CC and not OC. I do not have the time to stay current on all OC legal/illegal laws (they're changing everyday) or the money to sway people or law makers towards my point of view. Therefore I have to be content with just OCing part of the time, where I absolutely know it to be legal in Mo. I have enough problems keeping up with local laws where I live, much less the laws of every place I travel. If Mo. were returned to a prempted OC state, there would not be "issues" such as in the last line of your above statement unless it were issues between employer/employee. I would probably OC the majority of the time while in Mo. The state has forced the method, so to speak.

Now some people would ask, "would I give up the privledge of CC to have preemptive law on OC?" MY answer would be, "NO!" I do not believe we should go backwards on 2A issues, like we did with the Target master fiasco in our current CC training law. I believe we should never give up, never give in, and make no concessions when it comes to our 2A rights.

So how do we find "middle ground" when it comes to 2A rights or gun laws in general? Brother, it would already be done if either of us could answer that one. But I will say there would be some, who would hate to see my collection if our rights were fully restored to my likeing and I had the money.... And I am a law abiding citizen, I currently only have 2 TRUE enemies in this world. A guy in San Antonio who tried to kill me in Dec of 2007. And the Milwaukee Brewers,,,,,,,,,, (just kiddin) on the Brewers part at least.

What was the topic of this discussion again?,,,I forget.

Last edited: