• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opened Carry ak47 in Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuzmeskus

I'm new to this place but i have always been a advid gun enthusiast and supporter of the 2nd amendement. I recently got a gp wasr-10/63. Made it look real nice and put a red dot and refinished the wood and did some other internal upgrades. I recently have been getting urges to open carry it since it is my 2nd amendment right. Well today me and a friend of mine went to Wal-Mart off dallas highway to open carry. I was the only one oc he was there to see if he wanted to do it to. I also wanted him to record any leo encounters just in case. So i threw my wasr up over my back and walked on in. Immediately i was getting mugged by people. We werent even in the store yet. So we walked on in and the greeters were very nice and didnt seem to mind. We headed over to the oral care section to get some mouth wash. There were 2 employees in the isle and the were giving me dirty looks. We were walking back to go check out and a man approached me and said, "you look like your ready just in case a bear attacks you" lol. He was nice man i explained the laws to him and that it was our 2nd amendment right. As soon as that encounter ended the wal-mart manager came up to me and said "what is that", i said semi automtic ak47. I proceded to explain the laws of oc in ga to her. I dont think she believed a word i said. She said she was going to call the cops to see if i could lagally open carry a long gun in ga with no permit or anything. She also explained to me that i was disturbing customers even though i was doing nothing menicing to anyone just simply ocing. We all headed back to the counter she must have been on the phone for awhile before she got through. But anyway by this time the was a mob of managers and security gaurds around us. Everyone in the store was looking at us it was pretty funny actually. My friend said a man stopped and took a picture of me lol. I made my way to the cashier to pay for the mouth wash, this is when things get interesting, she seemed pretty interested in it and started asking me tippical uneducated questions about ocing. I explained everything to her and she seemed pretty open to the idea. When we were done with the transaction the manager who called the cops finally got through she said that "your right that i wasn't breaking the law and me ocing was in my rights" she also said that that since it was private property they could make there own decision about it. I said thats fine i was leaving anyway i just needed some mouth wash. We left still getting all kinds of looks. All in all it wasnt a bad experience the manager wasnt a bitch to us. She said that she had shot a fully auto gun about a week ago and how fun it was. After that i oc at my friends neighborhood for a little while. My recomendation for people wanting to oc a long gun is that you will get a lot of dirty looks and if your self-consious its probably not your cup of tea but idc what others think im a free american and i was excersing my 2nd amendment right. I plan to oc other places too. I would like to know if any others would like to get together for a oc as well?

kuzmeskus

And by the way i was nervous as hell and anxious and excited pretty much every emotion running through me. I did feel empowered too as well as my friend.

wrightme

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

•(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
First order of business for all new user/members should be to read and understand the rules.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Old hands should review them periodically as they are amended from time to time.

Long gun carry is decided OT and detracts from the stated precepts of this site: to normalize the open carry of properly holstered hand guns as we go about our normal daily life.

Accordingly locking this thread and subject to review it may be deleted in its entirety.

Status
Not open for further replies.