• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Between Jail and a New Computer, I've Been MIA!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
You may have noticed I haven't been around lately. Part of the reason is because I've been without a computer for a few days. Another has to do with jail.

My old computer, which still works terrific, was just starting to manifest problems. Nothing consistent, but little glitches and failures that were becoming more numerous with the passage of time. We decided a new computer was in order, so I brokedown and bought a new Gateway. It has the I-5 processor. It is fast and slick, and I am really happy with it. I also had a secondary drive put into the machine with a pretty darn good graphics card and more robust power supply unit. It should be the machine I rely on for years to come.

Then there is the subject of jail. It wasn't because I was OC'ing, nor guilty of some act of miscreancy, but simply an evening at the county jail with my Citizen's Academy class. We spent several hours touring the county bed and breakfast, and seeing the different units within the jail. We started with minimum security, and it seemed like a nice, large dormitory setting. It looked quite a relaxed environment, and was nothing like I expected of a jail. Then, later, we toured maximum security. Now that's more like I imagined jail to be like. Since I've never been in jail before, this visit reinforced my ambitions to stay clear of them. It wasn't at all a pleasant place to be. Along the way, we visited their medical facility, and ran into the man who taught our concealed carry class. He is a county deputy, and running into him was both unexpected and very pleasnt. My wife, my pardner and myself all took his CCW class, and now we all were on this tour and ran into him. It was a really happy reunion.

Anyhow, once the tour was finished, I went out to the parking lot and put my holster back on my hip with the XDm secured inside it. My wife left her pistol at home, and my pardner was off to the Sheriff's Office substation for a ride along with a deputy on the graveyard shift.

With the exception of Citizen's Academy classes, various police facilities and while at work, I carry open all the time. Despite the fact that I have a CCW permit, I still prefer to carry open. It is one of those things that is the right of a law abiding citizen, and reaffirms my commitment to continue being a law abiding citizen. After all, I've been to the county bed and breakfast, and while it may be a nice place to visit, I wouldn't want to stay there. Ever!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

MR Redenck

Oh come on Dude! I had to stop reading when I saw you didnt get thrown in the can.
Now go get thrown in jail and tell me all about it, details before and after. :lol:

M-Taliesin

Oh come on Dude! I had to stop reading when I saw you didnt get thrown in the can.
Now go get thrown in jail and tell me all about it, details before and after. :lol:

Howdy Amigo!
Well, I wasn't much interested in getting thrown in jail once I discovered, to my great chagrin, they don't allow OC there!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

MilProGuy

M-Taliesin:

It appears that you are a very civic-minded individual who is integrally involved in the lives of your fellow man.

I commend you for the work you're doing and appreciate the opportunity to learn about it in your thread.

jmar254

Howdy Amigo!
Well, I wasn't much interested in getting thrown in jail once I discovered, to my great chagrin, they don't allow OC there!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

WHAT no OC in the county pokey? Well I hope they are on Dudley's searchable database of establishments that deny citizens their right to self defense.

I would like to start a movement that we all not associate ourselves with the county pokey and DO NOT spend any money there. Who's with me?

MR Redenck

Howdy Amigo!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LOL, they dont allow concealed carry in there either. " I once got thrown in jail for concealing a handgun in my truck". Nothing illegal about it either...:eek:
Im sure your visit was much better than mine was..:lol:

JamesB

WHAT no OC in the county pokey? Well I hope they are on Dudley's searchable database of establishments that deny citizens their right to self defense.

I would like to start a movement that we all not associate ourselves with the county pokey and DO NOT spend any money there. Who's with me?

I hope not everyone is "in" on this. I still need to have someone to call to post bail next time I'm "in."

M-Taliesin

I hope not everyone is "in" on this. I still need to have someone to call to post bail next time I'm "in."

Howdy Amigo!
Some get way tooooooo "in".
And I'd be reluctant to have them "in".
Like.... there are some folks running around that might enjoy a generous cavity search, but for me it don't appeal.
Here in the Rocky Mountain west, we still have tunnels that permit only one way travel!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin