• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why is RMGO pushing for concealed carry?

since9

Campaign Veteran
I noticed on this page that RMGO has produced a business card-sized notice that equates prohibitions against firearms = no money spent at the business.

That's good, except where it says "We have noticed your no concealed handguns sign, and are going to respect your wishes by not spending money at your business."

"Concealed?" Really? Boy! If that isn't a slap in the face to everyone here on OPEN Carry dot org, I don't know what is.

The icons are great, but instead of the current crappy verbiage, how about:

"We have noticed your sign infringing on our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and we are going to respect your wishes by not spending money at your business."

On the back, it should read:

"Your business is listed in an online, searchable database of establishments that deny citizens their right to self defense in the lawful manner of their own choosing. Your business would be safer with armed, law-abiding citizens frequenting your establishment. When you infringe on our rights, we choose to take out business elsewhere, thus making it safer for criminals to frequent your store. Ours is a free county, and we do respect your choice.

To remove yourself from this database, remove the signs from your store and allow entry to honest, law-abiding citizens who choose to defend themselves in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado and of the United States of America."​

I wouldn't put more information than that on there. I certainly wouldn't put "Request more cards at ..."

jskp229

I agree with the language issue, but I met Dudley at a class, he was OC'g. He seem to be a supporter of it. We should just nicely raise the question to him. They might just make a change.

It would probably be better coming from a paying member - anyone a member & is willing to send him the request?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I wouldn't read too much into the language of that particular card. I'll wager a .40 cal round that it wasn't intended to be any sort of slight against OC'ing or OC'ers. In fact, his website speaks of open carry, and I believe there is a link from his site to the OCDO site.

I am a paying member of his RMGO outfit, and have chatted with him a couple of times by phone and email. He is dedicated to 2a rights, and that would include OC. Ergo, I conjure that the language on the card was simply an unintentional oversight and nothing more.

Thems my opinions, for whatever they're worth.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JamesB

Howdy Folks!
I wouldn't read too much into the language of that particular card. I'll wager a .40 cal round that it wasn't intended to be any sort of slight against OC'ing or OC'ers. In fact, his website speaks of open carry, and I believe there is a link from his site to the OCDO site.

I am a paying member of his RMGO outfit, and have chatted with him a couple of times by phone and email. He is dedicated to 2a rights, and that would include OC. Ergo, I conjure that the language on the card was simply an unintentional oversight and nothing more.

Thems my opinions, for whatever they're worth.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I'll second that.

Gunslinger

So long as you're conjuring, can you conjure me someone brunette, green eyes, and...

Ok. How about letting him know so he can make an improvement?

Well, I have light brown hair and green eyes...oh, you mean a girl...
I don't see a slight to OC, which is not unlawful in CO, just a stand against someone who opposes CC which is 'lawful' throughout the state.