Thread: Sad day at the range...

Sad day at the range...

1911er called to wake me at noon, i called my friend John and made coffee, they both arrived at my place at about 1pm.
    1911er brought his new 357 and a single shot 45-70 rifle and a sward.
    John brought his EDC Kimber 1911, a silver star 9mm that im trying to get him to sell to me, but he wont, and another pistol.
    I loaded my range bag with nine pistols and a couple hands full of mags.
    I also loaded up the 8mm, ak47, and 22 rifles, and an ak47 pistol.
    We piled into 1911ers little car and drove 6 miles to my gravel pit shooting spot.
    Their was a logging crew working the area so John took a 5 minute walk around the back of the pit to make sure we were all clear.
    1911er loaded some 38s in his 357 and did some test shooting, I loaded my 22 rifle and sighted in my new scope,
    then 1911er grabbed the 45-70 and shot once, my wining and begging worked, so he offered me a shot too.
    It shoots nice, points well and kicks like a Tired mule, then John shot it too.
    At that point, barely 10 minutes into our shoot a pickup truck drives up and we wave, but they stop next to us without waving back.
    They tell us they are leaving for the day and if we dont want to get locked in, we would have to leave too, NOW!

Last edited by 1245A Defender; 09-30-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

range day sadness

Maybe you should have offered them some 'range time' .

Time to find a different pit, one without gates.
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Last time this happened to me they just said "we're leaving the gate unlocked, just remember to lock it when you leave".

Different time and different place but it was a nice gesture.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

shooting pit

they said that they were just going to lock the gate (but I think they didn't want to lose A lock so they notified us it was time to go) padlocks are not A problem for A 45-70. ha ha ha
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    Maybe you should have offered them some 'range time' .
    Range time with A 45-70 gets pricey at $1.50+ every time it goes bang.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    at a range here in maine my ex girlfriend and myself got locked in by the crew that was working there. they laughed at us and drove off as they locked the gate. guess they were a new crew.....pit has 4 entrance/exits . only the one on the main road has a gate :-p
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Saw on the news recently that gates and locks don't stop some. They just steal the whole gate to be sold for scrap metal.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"