• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sad day at the range...

1245A Defender

1911er called to wake me at noon, i called my friend John and made coffee, they both arrived at my place at about 1pm.
1911er brought his new 357 and a single shot 45-70 rifle and a sward.
John brought his EDC Kimber 1911, a silver star 9mm that im trying to get him to sell to me, but he wont, and another pistol.
I loaded my range bag with nine pistols and a couple hands full of mags.
I also loaded up the 8mm, ak47, and 22 rifles, and an ak47 pistol.
We piled into 1911ers little car and drove 6 miles to my gravel pit shooting spot.
Their was a logging crew working the area so John took a 5 minute walk around the back of the pit to make sure we were all clear.
1911er loaded some 38s in his 357 and did some test shooting, I loaded my 22 rifle and sighted in my new scope,
then 1911er grabbed the 45-70 and shot once, my wining and begging worked, so he offered me a shot too.
It shoots nice, points well and kicks like a Tired mule, then John shot it too.
At that point, barely 10 minutes into our shoot a pickup truck drives up and we wave, but they stop next to us without waving back.
They tell us they are leaving for the day and if we dont want to get locked in, we would have to leave too, NOW!

:cry:

Last edited:

amlevin

Last time this happened to me they just said "we're leaving the gate unlocked, just remember to lock it when you leave".

Different time and different place but it was a nice gesture.

1911er

shooting pit

they said that they were just going to lock the gate (but I think they didn't want to lose A lock so they notified us it was time to go) padlocks are not A problem for A 45-70. ha ha ha

carry for myself

at a range here in maine my ex girlfriend and myself got locked in by the crew that was working there. they laughed at us and drove off as they locked the gate. guess they were a new crew.....pit has 4 entrance/exits . only the one on the main road has a gate :p