Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RESOLVED: Hardee's To Ban All Firearms??

Exclamation RESOLVED: Hardee's To Ban All Firearms??

One of the members of Alabama Open Carry was recently asked to leave a Hardee's because he was open carrying. In a response to a letter he sent to their home office he received the following letter. Hardee's needs to know what we think about this.

And I used to love their breakfast menu. Email sent letting them know they've lost a long-time customer.

added: I went on their website and used the "contact us" to send the email. It was returned as "Administratively Denied". I just sent another to Ms Purcell's email and am waiting to see if that one is also denied.
    Last edited by SFCRetired; 09-30-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: additional information

Please notice that her email as typed in the letter is WRONG.
    It should be julie@realtimehr.com

Here's an online comment form to Hardee's:
    http://www.hardees.com/contact/contact_form

And a map of their locations:
    http://www.hardees.com/locations

I'd like to know more about the original incident... tried looking on the OCDO AL forum, as well as ALOC.com & wasn't successful. Anyone? Link?

As for a list of Hardees' shootings...:
    SEP07 robbery, double shooting inside Hardee's
    http://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/newp...hardees-worker

APR08 fight, shooting inside Hardee's
    http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2706171/
    (shooter is 20, & is said to have 'brought out a gun', so was illegally carrying concealed)

MAR09 shooting outside Hardee's
    http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/...aspx?id=271253

MAY09 2 armed robbers, multiple shootings inside Hardee's
    http://www.independentmail.com/news/...dees-shooting/

NOV09 robber w/ gun shoots Hardee's manager inside
    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/no...uspect-sought/

APR10 drive-by shooting in Hardee's lot
    http://www.whiteville.com/articles/2...1098296792.txt

MAY10 shooting outside a Hardee's
    http://quincynews.org/local-news-arc...rking-lot.html

MAR11 shooting outside a Hardee's
    http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/p...981ab5b17.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Here is the first video of it.

Here is the second video of it.

The wife needed to keep her mouth shut! TPT

Unintended consequences.

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    sent this

Subject: firearms ban causing loss in buisness

Julie Pursell

In the state of North Carolina it is a constitutionally protected right for law-abiding citizens to carry firearms for self protection. Nation-wide, 2.4 percent of the population practice this right on a daily basis.

While it is also your company's right to ban firearms in it's restaurants, I will not patronize an establisment that doesn't allow me to protect my family and myself while on their premises. I have been a patron of the Mooresville, NC location for 21 years.

former customer,

Xxxxx Xxxxxxx

I think they missed the point. I think the AOC member's behavior was unfortunately inappropriate. And I won't be eating there anymore.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Large Caliber Kick View Post
    sent this

Subject: Firearm ban (will be) causing loss in business

Dear Julie Pursell,

In the state of North Carolina it is a constitutionally protected right for law-abiding citizens to carry firearms for self-protection. Nationwide, 2.4 percent of the population practice this right on a daily basis.

While it is also within your company's ability to ban firearms in its restaurants, I will not patronize an establishment that doesn't allow me to protect my family and myself while on their premises. I have been a patron of the Mooresville, NC location for 21 years.

former customer,

Xxxxx Xxxxxxx
    Note some minor misspellings. Many post here for a quick check before sending to promote the most auspicious and erudite reply.

A quibble on saying it's their 'right'. I'd prefer not to promote this concept. Companies don't have rights, they have abilities, IMO (or so I'd like to promulgate).

Good on the former customer for getting right on this. I'm going to send a version of this and include the list of shootings. Thanks for the poster who caught the misspelling in her email. (rolls eyes - was that on purpose, I wonder?)
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Note some minor misspellings. Many post here for a quick check before sending to promote the most auspicious and erudite reply.

A quibble on saying it's their 'right'. I'd prefer not to promote this concept. Companies don't have rights, they have abilities, IMO (or so I'd like to promulgate).

Good on the former customer for getting right on this. I'm going to send a version of this and include the list of shootings. Thanks for the poster who caught the misspelling in her email. (rolls eyes - was that on purpose, I wonder?)
    Just because I'm dumb doesn't mean my money is worth less than anyone else's money.

Just because I'm dumb doesn't mean my money is worth less than anyone else's money.
    It may be indicative of having less money to spend...
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post

companies have rights. Or to put it another way, owners of companies have rights be it an individual, partnership, large group etc. Companies are people, thus companies have rights.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Ah man, this is not good. I used to love Hardees. I sent a message via their website stating I would love to return as a customer as soon as their no gun policy was gone.

I sent feedback via email and online form.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Even tho Idaho has no Hardee's we eat there while traveling thru Montana.

Comment sent.

I also agree there was too much interchange between the "Ex-Cop" and the AOC member.

Random question: Is Hardee's franchised or corporate? Is this the policy of one franchise owner or the company as a whole? Some of my friends have said they have carried in Hardee's here in VA as recently as yesterday with no issues.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 09-30-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Email sent. I also sent the list of links in case she needed a refresher on why we feel the need to protect ourselves.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
    - Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    It may be indicative of having less money to spend...
    I'll admit that's true.

Just watched the 2 videos.
    That "ex-cop" was a real jerk. Betcha he's the one that started the problem by telling the manager he was scared [waaaah], then escalated the problem by harassing the family.

Why didn't he get arrested for disorderly conduct? He was the one causing the problem & likely made a false 911 MWAG call for someone who was OCing (perfectly legal).

But yeah, the best way to deal with people like that is to ignore them.
    Keep them in sight, in case they decide to do something really stupid, but ignore them.
    Don't talk, don't preach, don't try to educate.
    (Perhaps "thank you for your concern", or "I know the law".)
    They don't want to learn & won't hear anything.
    Focus on the manager & getting your money back.

And why would the cop steal the citizens property, order him around like a criminal? He wasn't doing anything wrong.
    (Then there's the "don't video me"... sorry, Charlie, you're a public servant in a public place, so you have double zero expectation of privacy. Hope he's seen the video. LOL)

Sent emails to the letter writer & through the Hardee's website.
    One of the things I pointed out is that thanks to the new cc law in WI, ONLY places that ALLOW carry are immune from liability if something goes bad. So in addition to increasing the danger (it's going to be a posted victim disarmament zone) they've also increased their liability - a double whammy.

But hey, if they're doing so well that they can afford to alienate a large part of the population, bully for them. It's not only people who carry who will avoid Hardee's once word gets out, but people who own guns & people who value their rights.

Yes, Hardee's is perfectly within the law to ban people based on their peaceful exercise of a protected civil right... as long as it's that protected civil right, which is wrong.
    And we'll help spread the word so that no law-abiding customer accidentally goes into a Hardee's while armed. Hopefully, ever. That's what they want, right?

Just after our new cc law passed, a jewelry store here in Milwaukee (MKE) whined on several news reports that now he'd have to buy signs & so on... then seemed surprised when people were mad at him, & his business dropped off markedly in the next 2 months. [Search for Robert Haack Diamonds over on the WI forum.]

OTOH, knowing that, when I needed the services of a jewlery store I went to a different one. Openly armed. Was welcomed & treated well*, told my friends about it, now several of them are planning to take business there.
    *(In fact, the sales guy insisted I hold a 2 carat diamond solitare... drool.)
    Last edited by MKEgal; 09-30-2011 at 09:03 PM.

just wrote them a letter politely voicing my displeasure.

its a real shame, i did love they're food...id often drive a half hour to get it
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Random question: Is Hardee's franchised or corporate? Is this the policy of one franchise owner or the company as a whole? Some of my friends have said they have carried in Hardee's here in VA as recently as yesterday with no issues.
    Does anybody know the answers to my two questions? We might all be flaming Hardee's when it is just one franchise owner that is the problem.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd
    Does anybody know the answers to my two questions? We might all be flaming Hardee's when it is just one franchise owner that is the problem.
    Franchisees agree to company policies because in the minds of customers they ARE the company.
    So even if this is a franchisee, corporate can deal with him because he's giving bad PR to the company.

But it appears corporate (via the letter in post #1) has chosen an anti-rights position to be implemented across the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Ownership

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Hardee's is owned by CK Holdings. They also own Carls jr and the Red & Green Burrito chains.

They are a mix of company owned and franchises.

I find it interesting that the above letter is from Real Time HR, an HR Outsourcing company that takes over a company's internal HR management. I get the sense that the original complaint was palmed off onto them.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

sent my email to corporate. also sent links to this post to other concerned groups.

considering that Hardee's has been on an economic decline over the past few years, they might be giving themselves a death blow
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyMike View Post
    Hardee's is owned by CK Holdings. They also own Carls jr and the Red & Green Burrito chains.

They are a mix of company owned and franchises.

I find it interesting that the above letter is from Real Time HR, an HR Outsourcing company that takes over a company's internal HR management. I get the sense that the original complaint was palmed off onto them.
    carl's jr always makes me think of the movie idiocracy. "Carl's Jr. F*ck you, I'm eating. Welcome to Carl's Jr. Would you like to try our extra big-@ss taco?

I just contacted them and let them know I would not pass on their coupons either. A friend of mine at work usually gets the ones I don't use and he doesn't eat there without using a coupon. This sucks as they are the only burger joint I go to, guess I need to lose some weight any way.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast