• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RESOLVED: Hardee's To Ban All Firearms??

MKEgal

thebigsd said:
Does anybody know the answers to my two questions? We might all be flaming Hardee's when it is just one franchise owner that is the problem.
Franchisees agree to company policies because in the minds of customers they ARE the company.
So even if this is a franchisee, corporate can deal with him because he's giving bad PR to the company.

But it appears corporate (via the letter in post #1) has chosen an anti-rights position to be implemented across the country.

NavyMike

Ownership

Does anybody know the answers to my two questions? We might all be flaming Hardee's when it is just one franchise owner that is the problem.

Hardee's is owned by CK Holdings. They also own Carls jr and the Red & Green Burrito chains.

They are a mix of company owned and franchises.

I find it interesting that the above letter is from Real Time HR, an HR Outsourcing company that takes over a company's internal HR management. I get the sense that the original complaint was palmed off onto them.

papa bear

sent my email to corporate. also sent links to this post to other concerned groups.

considering that Hardee's has been on an economic decline over the past few years, they might be giving themselves a death blow

ElectricianLU58

Hardee's is owned by CK Holdings. They also own Carls jr and the Red & Green Burrito chains.

They are a mix of company owned and franchises.

I find it interesting that the above letter is from Real Time HR, an HR Outsourcing company that takes over a company's internal HR management. I get the sense that the original complaint was palmed off onto them.

carl's jr always makes me think of the movie idiocracy. "Carl's Jr. F*ck you, I'm eating. Welcome to Carl's Jr. Would you like to try our extra big-@ss taco?

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
I just contacted them and let them know I would not pass on their coupons either. A friend of mine at work usually gets the ones I don't use and he doesn't eat there without using a coupon. This sucks as they are the only burger joint I go to, guess I need to lose some weight any way.

GreatDaneMan

carl's jr always makes me think of the movie idiocracy. "Carl's Jr. F*ck you, I'm eating. Welcome to Carl's Jr. Would you like to try our extra big-@ss taco?

You are an unfit mother. Carls Jr will now take custody of your children.

Hardees IMO seems to get worse and worse. Maybe my taste have changed... But it seems to be a big grease pit to me. Im not one to talk about grease, love me some brats, pizzas, bacon... but every time I get something at hardees I get five pounds of grease everywhere and thats all I taste. Now eating at Mcdonalds whenever I crave a biscuit, and actually like the mcgriddle.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Wow. That's two. I worked for Hardee's while in high school, and I attended GFZ Virginia Tech.

Neither one's efforts to eradicate criminals carrying on their premises will work. It didn't work for Tech. It won't work for Hardees. Forbidding law-abiding citizens their right to keep and bear arms only encourages criminals in their criminal activity.

PS: Real-Time HR is run by idiots, but it's Hardees fault for letting them.

And yes, I too will never eat at Hardees again.

Last edited:

celticredneck

I was open carrying in the Dinwiddie, Va. Hardies on US route 1 Sunday 9/25 and no one said anything, other than the usual, like "do you want mustard for your Sausage biscuits?"

Jack House

Ate at Carl's Jr. yesterday for the first time in months. Will miss their fries, but there's nothing really on the menu that interests me. While they have some good burgers, McDonalds and Jack in the Box have better combos, better prices and are closer.

Cynic

Loudoun County, US 10, VA Sen. 33,Del 32, Virginia
Write a letter.

And I used to love their breakfast menu. Email sent letting them know they've lost a long-time customer.

added: I went on their website and used the "contact us" to send the email. It was returned as "Administratively Denied". I just sent another to Ms Purcell's email and am waiting to see if that one is also denied.

DON'T just send an e-mail, write a letter. A letter gives them a piece of paper they must deal with.

Like me, write a letter. Give them paper.

Kirbinator

From ALOC's Facebook page:
Bill Stringer Update I am happy to let everyone know that cooler heads have prevailed, talked with a dist manager twice today, Hardees has decided not to post signs in the store, they are chalking it up to one unruley customer, he has talked with me, and... another gentleman from Florida today that showed him that it would hurt us, and the company to implment the gun ban.

So we can close the issue... thankfully.

Patriot2A

I think it's fair to say if he was genuinely worried he would of gotten his family and himself out of there as quickly as possible, not complaining to the manager.

carracer

Reply to my email. I expected the same old drivel, it is curiously absent. Although no solution or anything pertaining to my comments.

Dear Mr. Wood:

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us of the experience you had at our Hardee's restaurant.

At Hardee's, we strive not only to provide a delicious meal with great guest service, but we also make every effort to create a safe, clean, and friendly dining experience. I assure you that every effort is being made to address this situation.

I appreciate the time you have taken to express your concerns. It gives us the chance to learn where we need improvement. It also allows us to resolve any problems that may arise from time to time. Guests like you, who make us aware of these problems, are our most valued guests and we would hate to lose you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call (877) 799-STAR.

Sincerely,

DeAnna Vetter
Hardee's Guest Relations
On the Web at www.hardees.com