• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man ordered to surrender guns – just for blogging!

since9

Campaign Veteran
As for the Winslow case: "Winslow told Karen Slaughter, the elected justice of the peace for the region, what he wanted was that Roth and others with similar views "not be allowed to walk around armed. To me, I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I have been diagnosed with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) ... that's what I'm concerned with, that he's gonna get so far into my personal space that I'm gonna react without thinking. I'm not making threats or anything like that. I'm not proud of that, but it's the way I am."

Gee, turd, er, pal, I'm sorry you are the way you are. Your having PTSD, however, is absolutely ZERO excuse to try and solve your problem by changing everyone else's behavior. If YOU have PTSD, you need to change YOUR behavior.

That we now have a judge pulling the same sort of crap is absolutely ridiculous. I can't help but wonder if these closet Bradys are on a vendetta against Arizona's Constitutional Carry or Chief Black's ruling a year or two ago.

When a judge engages in such abhorrent abuse of his office, he deserves to be thrown out of his office by the most expedient legal means available.

Cmdr_Haggis

As for the Winslow case: "Winslow told Karen Slaughter, the elected justice of the peace for the region, what he wanted was that Roth and others with similar views "not be allowed to walk around armed. To me, I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I have been diagnosed with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) ... that's what I'm concerned with, that he's gonna get so far into my personal space that I'm gonna react without thinking. I'm not making threats or anything like that. I'm not proud of that, but it's the way I am."

Gee, turd, er, pal, I'm sorry you are the way you are. Your having PTSD, however, is absolutely ZERO excuse to try and solve your problem by changing everyone else's behavior. If YOU have PTSD, you need to change YOUR behavior.

Yeah, I LOL'ed at that too. Not only are anti's wanting to disarm us because our guns "scare" them, apparently there are anti's out there who want to disarm us because of what they're afraid they, themselves, would do to us. And here we are not doing a damn thing wrong... :mad:

Jack House

Isn't a part of being insane is the belief that everyone around you is wrong and needs to change their ways?

Posted using my HTC Evo

MilProGuy

"He even went so far as to post links to her place of work and other personal information about her whereabouts and actions. Under AZ law, that is enough proof of harassment. "

Last edited:

Daylen

"He even went so far as to post links to her place of work and other personal information about her whereabouts and actions. Under AZ law, that is enough proof of harassment. "

Sounds like a ****** law unless that information was obtained through illegal means. I don't see evidence of her rights being violated.

sudden valley gunner

Sounds like a ****** law unless that information was obtained through illegal means. I don't see evidence of her rights being violated.

+1 Might make the guy an A-hole but doesn't sound illegal if done within publicly accessed methods.

Milpro..Free speech is one of those natural rights that can hardly ever be construed as infringing on someone else's rights. It's one the founders almost didn't include in the Bill of rights because they thought it too obvious. I may disagree with your opinion even if you were to go on a racist, homophobic, paranoid, conspiracy rant. I simply can choose not to listen to you anymore. The government though has intruded onto this freedom and has even convicted people for publishing opinions they disagree with.

frommycolddeadhands

I don't get this at all.

The guy wasn't threatening anyone. He was discussing spiritual matters on his blog, which he has every right to do.

And as for the judge, he isn't allowed to pull someone else's gun permit simply because he's scared of his own PTSD and is afraid he won't be able to control himself.

I hope this lawsuit goes well and that folks will learn from it.

Daylen

You're ******** us, right?

Fugh..

I can say anything I like and it will not stop you from doing anything unless you choose to change your behavior. But that is not my speech infringing that is your choice. Do you have anything better than inane questions laced with nonsensical typing?