• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is anyone in Boise attending this event?

oldbanger

this is from the horses mouth :rolleyes:

Stirling Silver
‎*****REGARDING THE MARCH AND POLICE*****

3. Frisking. Trust me, its a lot less fun than it sounds. While you do have the right to refuse a search (and you should), the officer retains the right to perform a frisk for their safety. In most scenarios, a frisk is a pat down of your body, checking for weapons. Most of the time, they need to stay out of your pockets unless they feel something that may be hazardous to them. If an officer decides to frisk you, be sure that you state very clearly "I do not consent to a search." All BPD officers carry recording equipment on them, and it is always running. You want what you said to be picked up by the mic. They may proceed with a search anyway, and if they do, say your line again, and just go with it. Struggling with them will only make it worse for you.
*Another Side Note: Although this should be obvious its probably important to say it anyway. DO NOT bring your knife, machete, pipe, chillum, stash, or AK-47 to the march. That would be really dumb.