• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What challenges would one face UOC in the Bay Area (Alameda, Benecia, Oakland)

VW_Factor

Don't really enjoy CA as a whole, however I am headed to an event in a couple weeks in Alameda, at the USS Hornet. What challenges would one face UOC in the area as an out of state visitor? SZ's one should be aware of around the major highways? UOC allowed on/near the Hornet? LEO presence usually a problem in the bay area as far as harassment?

-Thanks in advance

VW_Factor

Seeing tons of response. I guess AB 144 is a big challenge. :(

Sorry to hear about that as well guys. I was hoping that it would get vetoed.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Don't really enjoy CA as a whole, however I am headed to an event in a couple weeks in Alameda, at the USS Hornet. What challenges would one face UOC in the area as an out of state visitor? SZ's one should be aware of around the major highways? UOC allowed on/near the Hornet? LEO presence usually a problem in the bay area as far as harassment?

-Thanks in advance

Heh...since nobody else answered you, I'll try to.

As an out of state visitor you'll face the same challenges as residents. You can't have mags that hold more than 10 rounds, unless the magazines were in California prior to January 1, 2000.

You'll have to be extremely vigilant about school zones, which are practically everywhere in the urban environment of the bay area.

I'm guessing the Hornet may be considered a federal building? Or maybe you'd have to enter a building to reach the Hornet? It also might be considered a park, in which case you'd be okay as long as you didn't enter any buildings. But really I have no idea.

LEO harassment in the bay is what you'd expect in any non-rural area of California. If they get called they'll likely violate your rights in a variety of ways but won't have anything they can do outside of that.

If I were you I'd mostly be worried about the school zones. Open up Google Earth, zoom into the Hornet, find the school filter, and then use the ruler tool to determine borders. Remember the zones end 1000' from the edge of the property.