• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This still breaks my heart one year on.

Haz.

A little over a year on this sadistic murder, David Warwick Hopkins, "MAY GET LIFE?" What a pity not one person was armed and able to stop this before he set her alight. This poor woman burned for over three minutes before someone thought to drive a car at her attacker. By then it was too late.

""Burn b----, I hope you die ... leave her, let her burn ... let her burn in hell," Hopkins yelled at Ms Millar and others who attempted to save her."

"But not before she offered her last words to an attending anaesthetist: "Please, don't let me die."

Ms Millar died as a result of her burns about 6pm."

Bring back the death penalty. Haz.

Sadistic killer who burned woman in petrol station could get life term.

SADISTIC murderer who stabbed and set fire to his former girlfriend while she was still alive may be sentenced to life in prison.

David Warwick Hopkins stood brandishing a knife at a petrol station for three minutes and 21 seconds as Nicole Joy Millar was "incinerated", threatening anyone who attempted to save her as she collapsed in flames and in agony,

the Herald Sun reported.

"It's horrific, it's barbaric, beyond the comprehension of almost any civilised human being," Justice Betty King said in the Supreme Court yesterday, expressing horror at having to face watching CCTV footage of the crime, which happened early on June 1 last year.

"I haven't come across anything quite like it in my 35 years (in law)," she said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sad...rm/story-e6frfkvr-1226154315332#ixzz1ZTYzcDrD

http://www.news.com.au/national/sad...ld-get-life-term/story-e6frfkvr-1226154315332

MilProGuy

"Bring back the death penalty." Haz

I quite agree with you.

And...don't let the pukes sit around on death row for twenty years pumping iron, watching t.v., and playing with the boys in the exercise yard.

Executions should be carried out in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Haz.

This is what I'm up against here in Aus. People have been brain washed into believing we are safer dissarmed? I say Tell that to this poor woman? Tell that to the people standing by watching this unfold and unable to stop it.

Here is what one guy said regarding the above on a Hunting forum I post on Down Under.

"Quote from: shane111 on Today at 08:23:48 AM
Terrible thing, don't think concealed carry is the solution to all our problems though."

My reply to his post, trying not to offend whilst trying to foster a change of attitude.

Maybe not, but IMAGINE this. There's about ten law abiding citizens at the servo. Lets say "Four," including me are CC'ing. I'm filling my car with fuel.

This turd pulls up at a bowser near me.

He's screaming, he's ranting, I look over as he pulls a knife and cuts the womans throat. [This never killed her, she died of sever burns at six oclock that evening in hospital.]

I stop fueling my car, hurridly walk round to his car. He's watching me, In his view I draw my hand gun as he gets out of his car and takes up the bowser handle, a few seconds later the bowser eventually turns on and begins to spray the woman with fuel threatening to kill her, to burn her! I see him drop the bowser handle and reach into his pocket. I immediately assume he is going for a lighter. Before he can get his lighter out and set her alight, I yell Oih!, he turns toward me threatening to kill me and I take aim, the rest would history. She would be alive today! A petrol soaking never killed anyone. The cut to her throat would not have killed her either as she was talking to the paramedics and to staff at the hospital some time later.

Q, Would I miss?

A. I have been shooting for more years than I can remember. At this close range, NEVER! Cheers, Haz.

Haz.

And this, these are guys on a hunting and shooting forum in Aus?

"Quote from: nayto on Today at 10:01:31 AM
I agree, in a situation like that being allowed to carry would have been great, but it'd also be a recipe for mayhem at other times i think. Also agree highly on the death penalty for wasters like this.
But imagine all the young wannabe punks carrying who hold their guns sideways..."

My reply to his post!

Hi nayto.

"Quote
"
But imagine all the young wannabe punks carrying who hold their guns sideways..."

Thing is mate, they are carrying, were not? Cheers Haz.

nonameisgood

Maybe I don't get it, but even disarmed, a guy with a knife isn't going to hold me at bay for 3 minutes while the woman burns. Not going to happen. Everything can be a weapon, but the mentality that let this happen is a prison all its own, every day.

Haz.

Maybe I don't get it, but even disarmed, a guy with a knife isn't going to hold me at bay for 3 minutes while the woman burns. Not going to happen. Everything can be a weapon, but the mentality that let this happen is a prison all its own, every day.

I shudder when I think about it. What a bunch of whimps the majority of people in my society, especially those watching on doing nothing because they were tjhreaened with a knife have become? There were dozens of things that could have been done. Three minutes is a long time. Haz.

rodbender

Simple solution: Spray his sorry a$$ with gasoline, then see if he's a threat while someone tries to save her.

Saves the lady and the taxpayers some $$$$.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
That's incredible, almost beyond imagination though not too many things surprise me anymore. While I am a strong and staunch supporter of our Bill of Rights with the Eighth Amendment protecting us against cruel and unusual punishments, there are some crimes which cry for revenge and retribution of the same meted out to the victim(s). And this is one, in my opinion. Setting this piece of trash on fire and letting him suffer and die as he did to his victims not only fitting but proper. This animal is truly disgusting.