• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun in your car?

Keens

I don't worry about it! Your car is an extension of your home. Only thing about CO law that restricts firearms is rifles, they can't have a round chambered, or if it is a muzzleloading rifle, it cannot be primed or have a percussion cap on it. Handguns: carry it as you want! Loaded, OC, CC, in glovebox, don't matter!

porterc

Reason I asked is because I had a LEO tell me you could not have a concealed handgun in the car. I know better than that and was just looking for the correct C.R.S. # so as to educate the young lad. By the way, he is a new LEO and was confused about alot of laws concerning guns.

JamesB

Reason I asked is because I had a LEO tell me you could not have a concealed handgun in the car. I know better than that and was just looking for the correct C.R.S. # so as to educate the young lad. By the way, he is a new LEO and was confused about alot of laws concerning guns.

Ya, cops love it when you tell them what the law is. I can no longer count the times I've gone through that one.

P.S. If there wasn't enough sarcasm there, let me add some more.

Cops love sarcasm too.

OldCurlyWolf

Ya, cops love it when you tell them what the law is. I can no longer count the times I've gone through that one.

P.S. If there wasn't enough sarcasm there, let me add some more.

Cops love sarcasm too.

I know several that also have a sense of humor on duty. Now pointed sarcasm can be unwelcome by anyone.

The better ones are willing to learn, no matter the source, as long as it can be verified.

BTDT.