Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accused of pulling my gun!

Accused of pulling my gun!

Had a little conversation with a neighbor and his buddy about keeping his dog in his own yard and not mine. And especially would appreciate it if their snarling, growling, fairly large Doberman would not knock my wife down anymore.

I Don't really appreciate humans who are not able to get the idea in their heads, that I do not want their dog fighting with my dogs or chasing my cats or knocking my wife down. I walked up and asked politely if they would please keep their dog in their yard or in their house. The answer I received was not polite in return. I responded by raising my voice a bit and repeating my request. More un-politeness ensued. I responded again with a repeat of my original request and added some color. Again this was not received well. I was then confronted by treetop and stumpy.

Stumpy told me he was an ex-Navy Seal and would kick my ... well... you know. He further elucidated on his man killing ability. Said he could kill me with two fingers. I saw that movie, I think it was Bullit maybe Dirty Harry. He then said he'd take my knife (in my pocket) away so fast I wouldn't even know it and slit my gut open. He then said he would bring his Rottweilers and have them tear me and my wife up. Tree top didn't have much to say. (there were a lot more threats and yelling from Stumpy)

Moments later, the Sheriff's dept showed up.

The officer got out of the car with me standing next to him. Armed with my 1911. He politely asked me to keep it holstered. I smiled and laughed a little bit and assured him I would. He smiled again, and moved to speak with Stumpy and treetop who were getting agitated now. Stumpy yells "he's got a gun!" "He pulled it and pointed it us!" "He was wavin' it around" "He pointed it right at me"! "He can't just walk around like that, with a gun on his hip!" The officer assured him that I could indeed; just walk around like that, with a gun on my hip.

Fairly serious accusations, I'd say. The Officer asks if my wife and I would wait for him and he would get their side of the story. We waited.

Turns out, as the officer pressed his investigation, that Stumpy was not; in fact, a Navy Seal but had been in the Army for "a couple of years" and further, it turns out that I had not pulled my gun as originally accused but had put my hand on it. Oops. Wait, I guess I didn't even have my hand on it. Just resting on my belt. As the investigation progressed, it was determined that they indeed did have to keep their dog on a leash or in the house. They were not happy. Curiously enough Treetops girl had it all on her cell phone, da-yammn.

Moral of the story, There are too many (explicatives deleted) inbreds in the world today. And thank goodness they all have cell phones and aren't afraid to use them.

The threats are a moot point in Buffalo County as they are considered free speech by appointed Judge James J. Duvall . The dog has since been moved. As many of you know, my wife is very ill and now terrified of Treetop & Stumpy. Treetop beat the livin' h377 out of his pregnant girlfriend and is headed for the gray bar hotel once again. Stumpy is new to me but I know his type.
    Last edited by hardballer; 09-30-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post

Stumpy told me he was an ex-Navy Seal and would kick my ... well... you know. He further elucidated on his man killing ability.

Turns out, as the officer pressed his investigation, that Stumpy was not; in fact, a Navy Seal but had been in the Army for "a couple of years...

Moral of the story, There are too many (explicatives deleted) inbreds in the world today.
    Stumpy, if he ever went through Army Basic Combat Training, likely had to be recycled three times just to make it through.

And...if he ever really spent any time on active duty it was, most likely, spent primarily in the stockade.

Inbred imbeciles aren't really known for their people skills or their ability to communicate intelligently and truthfully.

You handled yourself like a man.

Thanks for posting your experience with these two unsavory Neanderthals.

Not always true for dogs,
    but for people like Stumpy, the ones that bark the loudest usually have the least bite.
    (It's the quiet ones ya gotta watch out for.)

Good for the Deputy, BTW.
    Too bad the maker of the assorted threats can't be brought to justice.
    And are you serious that the girlfriend not only videod the whole thing, but showed the deputy something that proved her abuser to be a liar?
    Wow... she may eventually get the guts to leave him, if she survives long enough.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 10-03-2011 at 01:21 AM.

At least the officer seemed to treat you right - this time. Give Mrs. Hagrid my best wishes

Take care. We depend on you to protect our Western shores.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Not always true for dogs,
    but for people like Stumpy, the ones that bark the loudest usually have the least bite.
    (It's the quite ones ya gotta watch out for.)

Good for the Deputy, BTW.
    Too bad the maker of the assorted threats can't be brought to justice.
    And are you serious that the girlfriend not only videod the whole thing, but showed the deputy something that proved her abuser to be a liar?
    Wow... she may eventually get the guts to leave him, if she survives long enough.
    Actually, I don't think she intentionally backed up my cause. Was probably an oops. Funny how people see things one way in the heat of the moment and it can be quite different on tape.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    At least the officer seemed to treat you right - this time. Give Mrs. Hagrid my best wishes

Take care. We depend on you to protect our Western shores.
    Thanks Phred, Mrs. Hagrid is smilin'...

We got the West Coast coverd... lol.
    Last edited by hardballer; 09-30-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Thumbs up Thank Goodness A Decent Police Officer Was There....

I'm sorry for your crummy neighbors Dave. Knowing you you did get this recorded didn't you? I'm betting you did. Give my best to your better half and let her know we are standing with you.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX
    Harballer my Friend. i havent read the story yet, but saw the title. i've been waiting for this one to pop up, as i figure someday you, others, or even me would have this preyed upon us by the lying Left. i know some; who when they cant fight fair, they go dirty. i'll read your bit, but in my mind it will be coming soon: to me, to you?

it is the last bastion of lyer-dom they can explore and imploy.

Known a few SEALs and some other operators in my time. The minute you said he cocked off and started giving you his resume' I knew he was full of ****. Guys in the teams and other tier one guys including most of my fellow Jarheads don't start fights like that, they just finish fights. Sorry you have such a bunch of ahole neighbors but I'm glad it turned out OK and the cops were cool. He was obviously frustrated that he couldn't intimidate you because you were armed. God Bless 2A
    !
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    "He pulled it and pointed it us!" "He was wavin' it around" "He pointed it right at me"! "He can't just walk around like that, with a gun on his hip!" The officer assured him that I could indeed; just walk around like that, with a gun on my hip.
    You might want to ask MKEGal how she would handle the 'she pulled a gun on me'. She has an unique accessory.

hardballer, good to see the police help you sort things out. Tell the Mrs I'll be praying for her.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    You might want to ask MKEGal how she would handle the 'she pulled a gun on me'. She has an unique accessory.
    She showed me it at the range one day. I have to say, pretty ingenious idea.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Just a friendly reminder to have a recorder running at any time there might be a confrontation. They frequently change course quickly, as was found out here.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    She showed me it at the range one day. I have to say, pretty ingenious idea.
    Patent Pending???

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Patent Pending???
    ? Hmmmm, enquiring minds want to know

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Patent Pending???
    Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps she should?

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    ? Hmmmm, enquiring minds want to know
    PM her and ask, or if wants, she can say publicly.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Check your local laws, but here in Texas 'reasonable fear of grave bodily harm or death' does not require the threat to come from **** sapien. Next time dog attacks wife, it dies.
    Last edited by mark-in-texas; 10-01-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Check your local laws, but here in Texas 'reasonable fear of grave bodily harm or death' does not require the threat to come from **** sapien. Next time dog attacks wife, it dies.
    Same here in Missouri. In fact, any unwanted animal on your own property, no matter what it is or what it is doing, can be killed by any means the property owner may wish.

At least, that is how it is in my county.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Tell your idiot neighbor your goin to Krav Maga his dog next time.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Here in WI, animals are protected more than people. Someone else's animal pretty much has to be in the act of attacking in order to shoot it.

He should have been arrested for obstruction for deliberately lying to an officer. Nuff said.

Well done Hardballer, you kept you cool and in the end justice was delivered. I pray for you and your wife daily, I hope all is well.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Hi Hardballer.

For a moment I thought you were talking about my neighbour (has several insane dogs), and i excitedly began praying he had left the country, took a quick look over the fence and sadly, no, he's still there. Well done mate, you handled yourself well. Haz, Down Under.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

apologies for the slight derail

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com
    Since they change regularly, I suppose I can say that I have distinctive colored stickers on my pistols, which generally can't be seen while in the holster. (Because of the way I was sitting @ Starbuck's one day, Paul saw one that was over the muzzle.)

If I have the misfortune to meet up with one of Jeri's Kids & s/he makes a false report (as happened here), I think that when I ask the officers to have her/him describe the Evil Pistol & all s/he can say is essentially "it's black, it's evil", then I (very carefully & slowly, depending on which arrangement of stickers we're talking about) show them how my pistol is unusual & how visible these markings are, they'll see pretty quick that it's the other person they need to ticket/arrest (for making a false report, etc.).

(Show them after they've asked the 'victim', just in case there's an anti-carry officer who might feed answers.)

(And if anyone reads this & thinks they can guess, or just say "there are stickers", I don't think that'll be enough proof for the police... or judge.
    What color? Where are they? What design? All of that changes.)

I should also say that I carry Glocks, so am not worried about damaging the finish.
    Oh, and if you cover the muzzle, it's a lot easier to remove the sticker BEFORE shooting @ the range than trying to get the baked-on residue off afterwards. (DAMHIK*) Then again, it's something you'll only do once, kinda like getting your hand too high behind the slide of a semiauto, though not as painful.

*Don't Ask Me How I Know
    Last edited by MKEgal; 10-03-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Regular Member NewZealandAmerican's Avatar
    Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb of Provo in UTAH
    G'day Dave! Wow, I'm so glad you were in control and handled it well. It's great that the cop had common sense too. I hope you, your wife and family are ok and will be alright. God Bless my brother, in LIBERTY!

Dion.
    (Dion Wood). MY FREEDOM PAGE[/COLOR] with valuable links to ALTERNATIVE MEDIA, Internet Radio shows and other sites to restore our FREEDOM & LIBERTYhttp://www.QRZ.com/db/KB9QFH TELEPHONE: +1(800)808-KIWI that's +1(800)808-5494 Tollfree. "NewZealander By Birth, American By The Grace Of God." See also http://www.facebook.com/NewZealandAmerican & http://RTR.org/NewZealandAmerican “IN MEMORY OF OUR GOD, OUR RELIGION, AND FREEDOM, AND OUR PEACE, OUR WIVES, AND OUR CHILDREN" (The Title Of LIBERTY)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Since they change regularly, I suppose I can say that I have distinctive colored stickers on my pistols, which generally can't be seen while in the holster. (Because of the way I was sitting @ Starbuck's one day, Paul saw one that was over the muzzle.)

If I have the misfortune to meet up with one of Jeri's Kids & s/he makes a false report (as happened here), I think that when I ask the officers to have her/him describe the Evil Pistol & all s/he can say is essentially "it's black, it's evil", then I (very carefully & slowly, depending on which arrangement of stickers we're talking about) show them how my pistol is unusual & how visible these markings are, they'll see pretty quick that it's the other person they need to ticket/arrest (for making a false report, etc.).

(Show them after they've asked the 'victim', just in case there's an anti-carry officer who might feed answers.)

(And if anyone reads this & thinks they can guess, or just say "there are stickers", I don't think that'll be enough proof for the police... or judge.
    What color? Where are they? What design? All of that changes.)

I should also say that I carry Glocks, so am not worried about damaging the finish.
    Oh, and if you cover the muzzle, it's a lot easier to remove the sticker BEFORE shooting @ the range than trying to get the baked-on residue off afterwards. (DAMHIK*) Then again, it's something you'll only do once, kinda like getting your hand too high behind the slide of a semiauto, though not as painful.

*Don't Ask Me How I Know

the sticker idea is an excellent idea i think i will start inplementing that since 1 i own a glock and 2 i have kids so stickers are readily available
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Just a friendly reminder to have a recorder running at any time there might be a confrontation. They frequently change course quickly, as was found out here.
    Yep. I made sure to make a one-button audio recording button on my phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast