• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Accused of pulling my gun!

Haz.

Hi Hardballer.

For a moment I thought you were talking about my neighbour (has several insane dogs), and i excitedly began praying he had left the country, took a quick look over the fence and sadly, no, he's still there. Well done mate, you handled yourself well. Haz, Down Under.

MKEgal

apologies for the slight derail

paul@paul-fisher.com said:
You might want to ask MKEGal how she would handle the 'she pulled a gun on me'. She has an unique accessory.
Since they change regularly, I suppose I can say that I have distinctive colored stickers on my pistols, which generally can't be seen while in the holster. (Because of the way I was sitting @ Starbuck's one day, Paul saw one that was over the muzzle.)

If I have the misfortune to meet up with one of Jeri's Kids & s/he makes a false report (as happened here), I think that when I ask the officers to have her/him describe the Evil Pistol & all s/he can say is essentially "it's black, it's evil", then I (very carefully & slowly, depending on which arrangement of stickers we're talking about) show them how my pistol is unusual & how visible these markings are, they'll see pretty quick that it's the other person they need to ticket/arrest (for making a false report, etc.).

(Show them after they've asked the 'victim', just in case there's an anti-carry officer who might feed answers.)

(And if anyone reads this & thinks they can guess, or just say "there are stickers", I don't think that'll be enough proof for the police... or judge.
What color? Where are they? What design? All of that changes.:D)

I should also say that I carry Glocks, so am not worried about damaging the finish.
Oh, and if you cover the muzzle, it's a lot easier to remove the sticker BEFORE shooting @ the range than trying to get the baked-on residue off afterwards. (DAMHIK*) Then again, it's something you'll only do once, kinda like getting your hand too high behind the slide of a semiauto, though not as painful. :eek:

*Don't Ask Me How I Know

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

Since they change regularly, I suppose I can say that I have distinctive colored stickers on my pistols, which generally can't be seen while in the holster. (Because of the way I was sitting @ Starbuck's one day, Paul saw one that was over the muzzle.)

If I have the misfortune to meet up with one of Jeri's Kids & s/he makes a false report (as happened here), I think that when I ask the officers to have her/him describe the Evil Pistol & all s/he can say is essentially "it's black, it's evil", then I (very carefully & slowly, depending on which arrangement of stickers we're talking about) show them how my pistol is unusual & how visible these markings are, they'll see pretty quick that it's the other person they need to ticket/arrest (for making a false report, etc.).

(Show them after they've asked the 'victim', just in case there's an anti-carry officer who might feed answers.)

(And if anyone reads this & thinks they can guess, or just say "there are stickers", I don't think that'll be enough proof for the police... or judge.
What color? Where are they? What design? All of that changes.:D)

I should also say that I carry Glocks, so am not worried about damaging the finish.
Oh, and if you cover the muzzle, it's a lot easier to remove the sticker BEFORE shooting @ the range than trying to get the baked-on residue off afterwards. (DAMHIK*) Then again, it's something you'll only do once, kinda like getting your hand too high behind the slide of a semiauto, though not as painful. :eek:

*Don't Ask Me How I Know

the sticker idea is an excellent idea i think i will start inplementing that since 1 i own a glock and 2 i have kids so stickers are readily available

hardballer

Thanks for the feedback folks. We appreciate all the kind words and prayers. My "puter" died a miserable death. Using the churches computer once a day if possible. Will be back on as soon as we get our laptop repaired. $$$ GEEEEZE! Back as soon as possible.