• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone attending the Republican Roundup today?

Repeater

Well, Eric Cantor's "Family Fun" event is today. Everyone (except those who carry) are welcome. Note that "Beer & Wine" will be served. So, alcohol is okay, self-defense is not.

Anyone going?

Repeater

SnagAJob Pavilion NOT posted

Seriously, SnagAJob Pavilion was not posted this year. Not only that, the visible LEO presence was noticeably less.

So, it would seem visitors attending the Roundup could at least carry concealed. Not sure about OC.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It does not need to be posted. The cops know the policy of the owners, and were very polite and professional in explaining it to me when I stopped at the end of the road to enquire before attempting to drive in.

While I am disappointed that the enthusiasm for getting together to show our displeasure has cooled to the point of being nonexistent, I understand the almost absolute futility of the effort. There is no way the folks who own Snag-A-job are ever going to change their minds. Eric Cantor will only change his mind if he sees that there are more voters who are upset over the issue than there are those who don't care or are in favor of the banning of firearms.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I got the usual lobbyist invite (he may send it to everyone)

I replied:

Bill, as you are well aware the Roundup has been tagged as anti gun with good reason.
I won't be attending.
Old Virginia.org

On 9/29/2011 4:28 PM, Bill Janis wrote:
Bill Janis for Henrico Commonwealth's Attorney
Forward to a Friend View in Browser

September 29th, 2011
Republican Round-Up This Saturday!

Friends,
I just wanted to make sure you were aware of a great community event going on this Saturday.
The 2011 Republican Round-Up, featuring Congressman Eric Cantor
When: This Saturday, October 1, 2011
Where: SnagAJob Pavilion at Innsbrook Glen Allen, VA
Time: 3:00pm – 6:00pm (*Rain or Shine)
There will be popcorn, cotton candy, live music, a climbing wall, fun for all the family, and much more!
For more details, please visit www.republicanroundup.com.

I look forward to seeing you there,
Bill

Paid for and authorized by | Bill Janis for Henrico Commonwealth's Attorney
You are receiving this e-mail because you have opted in to receive mailings from Bill Janis
If you would like to opt out from this list you may do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link below.
Forward to a FriendManage Your PreferencesUnsubscribe
Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
ericfb.jpg