• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry while getting hair cut

stainless1911

Banned
Ha... that's a sweet little keltec... it amazes me that you can CC one of those... sheesh!

Why not? B careful, you're getting close to the slippery slope. Wouldnt want you to fall down, its a long bumpy confusing ride. You land at the bottom all broken bruised, dizzy, dirty, and on your butt with a broken leg, with your foot stuck in your mouth and a thumb up your butt.

1ADAM12

There was never case law on 750.234d. There was never case law on carrying on an out of state permit. That was just an AG opinion about carrying under the may issue law. There was no case law on the matter and I can find no record of ANYONE being convicted for carrying on an out of state permit.

The shall issue law (crappy worded poor law that MI now has) changed that in reference to concealed carry or vehicle carry; HOWEVER, 234d still says licensed to carry by this state or another state. 234d says what 234d says. Why people try to add or subtract words from it is beyond me.

There actually was a case that decided that Michigan residents could not carry under a Florida non-resident permit. This was shortly after Florida enacted their "shall issue" law. The case became the impetus for Carl Marlinga to begin granting permits to almost anyone that applied in Macomb county. His actions then became the thrust to enact "shall issue" in Michigan.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
There actually was a case that decided that Michigan residents could not carry under a Florida non-resident permit. This was shortly after Florida enacted their "shall issue" law. The case became the impetus for Carl Marlinga to begin granting permits to almost anyone that applied in Macomb county. His actions then became the thrust to enact "shall issue" in Michigan.

Well sorta. Clinton county was doing the same thing. Sen. Cropsy lived in St. Johns and worked on the sheriff. The point was to provide an example, to the legislators, of how it would work and that blood in the streets wouldn't happen. Cropsy was a strong supporter and a co-author of the bill. There were also some UP counties that were almost shall issue before the law as well.

HKcarrier

Why not? B careful, you're getting close to the slippery slope. Wouldnt want you to fall down, its a long bumpy confusing ride. You land at the bottom all broken bruised, dizzy, dirty, and on your butt with a broken leg, with your foot stuck in your mouth and a thumb up your butt.

It amazes me as in it's AWESOME. It would be a sweet winter CC with a coat and a little single point sling maybe one of the bungee ones...

Evil Creamsicle

It's technically a pistol: Draco ak47

View attachment 7043

Been there and/or done that

DSC01703.jpg

PS: Yeah I know the rig sucks. It wasn't chambered.

fozzy71

I think I am going to get a haircut this weekend. :banana:

The first time I OC'd at GearHeads the stylist said she was afraid my gun would shoot her foot while she cut my hair. :eek:

Last edited:

HKcarrier

The first time I OC'd at GearHeads the stylist said she was afraid my gun would shoot her foot while she cut my hair. :eek:

Apparently, barbers in Ohio need to be worried about being shot in the BUTT.... (facepalm)

xmanhockey7

Well guns do just go off. Especially in holsters.

Onnie

Hope you explained, chances of that are slim because you haven't shot your foot yet!:p

aepfelsauce

Last edited:

Onnie

Well what do ya know...

http://news.yahoo.com/8-killed-southern-california-salon-shooting-234451134.html

"SEAL BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Every hair-dressing station was full at Salon Meritage when a gunman burst through the door and began shooting, sending terrified customers diving for cover. The shooter then stepped outside, shot a man sitting in a truck in the parking lot and sped off."

Looks like "Moon Beam's" new law on no UOC is stopping the violence even before taking effect:uhoh:

/Sarcasm off

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Okay, the attorney at Rick's CPL class said that open carry is illegal if your feet are not on the ground. An example he used was a pogo stick is not legal to OC on.

He said this is from a new msp update I think, and the law about "in a vehicle" is old.

Highly unlikey to be a MSP update.

PDinDetroit

Got my hair cut today while OCing, went from OC to CC while in the chair, then back to OC After the haircut was complete. No Issues...

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
It's technically a pistol: Draco ak47

View attachment 7043

Cool, but it would take a long time to draw it out of this rig in a life or death situation. Also unless you were using frangible rounds you may want to think about over-penetration. I have not seen these for the 7.62x39 to date. I'm sure there's someone out there who knows where you can find them?

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Cool, but it would take a long time to draw it out of this rig in a life or death situation. Also unless you were using frangible rounds you may want to think about over-penetration. I have not seen these for the 7.62x39 to date. I'm sure there's someone out there who knows where you can find them?

Whats needed is the 'drop calf' holster; like a 'drop thigh', but lower.

Me, my waist is too close to my shoulder for that draw stroke.....:cool:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Okay, the attorney at Rick's CPL class said that open carry is illegal if your feet are not on the ground. An example he used was a pogo stick is not legal to OC on.

He said this is from a new msp update I think, and the law about "in a vehicle" is old.

Guess that means no running with guns....

No swing sets. No running. No skipping. No jumping rope. Good grief, Charlie Brown!

However, Fred Flintstone would be OK to carry in his car.

I call bull.