• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone tried USA AMMO?

Glock214

I found the USA AMMO website and they have some cheap ammo. Anyone try any yet? I've always been a "you get what you pay for" kind of person, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Glock214

PDinDetroit

On USA Ammo's Description for their 5.56 NATO Ammo for M855 Type, it may or may not be Green Tip which is how you help determine if it is AP or not. This was confirmed by Al over at Double Action, as he had someone come there shooting it, did some range damage, and showed magnetic without the Green Tip.

gunwish

USA ammo.com

I have ordered from them. No problems they shipped within a day or two.

I ordered 300rnd of reloaded 9mm and 150 rnds of 380. (all of this was brass case w/ fmj copper jacket)

The box cam intact.

Accuracy seemed on par with other target ammo I have tried. No jams or mis-fires.

They are the cheapest place for ammo that I have seen in a long time.

When you order do it in bulk if you can. I found that 1 box is 10.00 shipping but 8 boxes is about 15.00

I will order from them again.

Brad

PS I am not affiliated in any way with USA ammo. Long time lurker on the forum and first time poster. I like to pass it forward with companies that I have had a good experience with.

Last edited:

r.j.s

I ordered 2000 rounds from them; they work fine, just like you'd expect range ammo to work: squeeze trigger, bang!

HKcarrier

I think there are some better deals to be hand on handgun ammo from an MGO group buy from Great Lakes Ammo.... espcially if you're in the Detroit area and can pick it up... but as far as rifle ammo, they are fair priced. I got a bunch of their ammo when they did the $50 for $100 worth of ammo on Gearhog.com

The 5.56/.223 shoots fine... but I find it to be QUITE DIRTY.... also seems really smokey and STINKY when compared to other cheap ammo... Tula and Wolf.... I think I prefer both tula and wolf over USA.... but it certainly goes bang every time and is acceptable.

They DID have a problem with misloaded 5.56 and causing a bunch of KABOOMs in poeple's ARs... Supposedly they were supposed to take care of the people on their guns, but I did not ever hear confirmation on that. They voluntarily recalled the lots in question.

The USA AMMO customer service was VERY good.

I did not shoot their hand gun ammo, but as I stated, the .40 cal that I got from Great Lakes Ammo was VERY good...shot cleaner than WWB and UMC and did not have a single failure over 1k rds...

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
On USA Ammo's Description for their 5.56 NATO Ammo for M855 Type, it may or may not be Green Tip which is how you help determine if it is AP or not. This was confirmed by Al over at Double Action, as he had someone come there shooting it, did some range damage, and showed magnetic without the Green Tip.

Just to clarify, the SS109 projectile used in M855 ammunition has a steel penetrator, yes, but it is NOT considered AP (armor piercing) by any authority of which I am aware.. It is legal in jurisdictions and handguns where "armor piercing" is not. Now, of course, a private range can also ban steel penetrators in addition to armor piercing. After all, they do work as advertised!

I don't know about USA ammo, but I have purchased SS109 projectiles for reloading that were not green-tipped. They were still SS109 projectiles with a steel penetrator. It only needs the green tip for the US Military (NATO?) standards.

Last edited:

Glock214

Thank you all for the information. I have been contemplating on whether or not to purchase. I think I will try them, they are the cheapest I have seen. LIke many mentioned, they just need to go bang and hit the targets. I will look into Great Lakes ammo as well. Again thanks for all of the information.

Glock214

carry for myself

i have ordered some. and they do go bang. they all have powder and a solid primer. the issue is alot of their ammo is remaned. and just like off brands *tullammo, PMC, starfire ect* the ammo and rounds themselves are not of the highest quality. i put about 200 rounds of some of their remanufactured ammo through my sig P250 at a stationary paper target about 7 yards away. it was horribly inaccurate. or at least i thought so after i put a bead on the target with a lazer and realized it was not my weapon. i then put 50 rounds of WWB and hit paydirt every time. so although the rounds reliably go bang. they dont go where you want them to. not insulting the ammo. in a emergency im known to feed my guns whatever is available but i would stick straight to CLOSE quarters range use only. anything past 10 yards ........it becomes unstable, or at least the stuff i got did :) happy shooting!

HKcarrier

Look here... GLA group buy pricing...

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147674

I'm sure they'll do an Oct. group buy... here are the prcies for the sept.

1000 – 9mm 115gr RN CMJ - $175.00 ($8.75 per 50 rounds)
1000 – 40 S&W 180gr TC CMJ - $210.00 ($10.50 per 50 rounds)
1000 – 357 Sig 125gr TC FMJ - $275.00 ($13.75 per 50 rounds)
1000 – 380 Auto 100gr RN CMJ - $240.00 ($12.00 per 50 rounds)

Dunno how that compares to USA Ammo....

Great Lakes Ammo:

http://greatlakesammo.com/

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
i used them when they had their stuff thru Gearhog. I waited 2 weeks to get 500 rnds of 40 thru them...good price but its typical range ammo...dont expect anything less...its just as dirty as atlanta arms ammo.