Thread: Awesome Article by John Lott on Fox News

Awesome Article by John Lott on Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...tant-gun-news/

SNIP
    ...The biggest change for Washington was the Supreme Court striking down the law making it illegal to have a loaded gun. Over 70,000 people have permits for long guns that they can now legally used to protect themselves.

Lower crime rates in Chicago and Washington, by themselves, donít prove that gun control increases murders, even when combined with the quite familiar story of how their murder rates soared and stayed high after the gun bans were imposed.

But these arenít isolated examples. Around the world, whenever guns are banned, murder rates rise.

Gun control advocates explained the huge increases in murder and violent crime rates Chicago and Washington by saying that those bans werenít fair tests unless the entire country adopted a ban.

Yet, even island nations, such as Ireland and the U.K. -- with no neighbors to blame -- have seen increases in murder rates. The same horror stories about blood in the streets have surrounded the debate over concealed handguns...
    The article is so well written that I almost felt that I was reading this forum and not a news site. It's a lot of the things we state here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...tant-gun-news/

SNIP

The article is so well written that I almost felt that I was reading this forum and not a news site. It's a lot of the things we state here.
    love
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Good article!

Excellent article, as expected from John Lott.

I was expecting an article about Fox, not by Fox.