View Poll Results: Would you be open to a Adopt a Highway events for Oc Awareness?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 100.00%
  • No

    0 0%
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Just posting a quick poll and opinions

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Robertsville
    Posts
    112

    Just posting a quick poll and opinions

    I know a few states have done this for OC awareness but how would you all feel about picking a oc friendly city (Eastern side of the state) and doing a Open carry Missouri adopt a highway and do litter pickup once a month followed by a Lunch or dinner.
    Last edited by repomasterstl; 10-01-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Figured out the poll thing.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Robertsville
    Posts
    112
    If this has been attempted before I will delete the thread.

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Yep, we have talked about it in the past,but have yet to do so.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  4. #4
    Regular Member xdmcompact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Louis City
    Posts
    289
    Was just looking into such a thing, seeing if any roads in St. Louis County would qualify.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    I wonder what the rules are on interstate highways... federal? state? or do the muni's have control... aka olivette. As long as you do not exit the highway easement they might not be able to apply their laws there. I think I will look into it.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  6. #6
    Regular Member xdmcompact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Louis City
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    I wonder what the rules are on interstate highways... federal? state? or do the muni's have control... aka olivette. As long as you do not exit the highway easement they might not be able to apply their laws there. I think I will look into it.
    +1

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran Verd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lampe, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    I wonder what the rules are on interstate highways... federal? state? or do the muni's have control... aka olivette. As long as you do not exit the highway easement they might not be able to apply their laws there. I think I will look into it.
    You have to sign up for it through the state I do believe, and you have to promise to clean the area twice every 6 months or so. Oh, and everyone who is going to do the cleanup HAS to take their training on how to clean up the roadway. But, all the bags and vests and whatnots are provided for you.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    574
    I'd be down for that. It'd be a good way to increase awareness I think. Just make sure you get it mentioned on the road sign too.

    Good call on the easement laws too, LMTD.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    I can't seem to confirm either way. The interstates are most assuredly state property, but muni's can enforce traffic on them, other laws are not really defined as of yet, it is a fuzzy enough area I am betting it is a coin flip and I doubt like no tomorrow a lot of muni officers would not likely know either. I am going to keep researching it.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  10. #10
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    I can't seem to confirm either way. The interstates are most assuredly state property, but muni's can enforce traffic on them, other laws are not really defined as of yet, it is a fuzzy enough area I am betting it is a coin flip and I doubt like no tomorrow a lot of muni officers would not likely know either. I am going to keep researching it.
    Best guess here is if you are on State property withina muni OC is a no no. The Gate Way Arch grounds are federal property (National Park) where OC is legal but it is within the City of St. Louis city limits so OC is a no go. Same thing for Missouri State Parks where OC is legal but if the park is within the City limits of a City with NO OC..... no go. That's how it is here in Wildwood and Babler State Park. NOW... soem say they can't do that, it's State property. Well, till some body wants to be the test case.....................
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    . NOW... soem say they can't do that, it's State property. Well, till some body wants to be the test case.....................
    Well, jurisdictional stuff really frustrates cops a lot and while Wildwood has indicated to you it is an issue, whether or not they actually have powers of arrest is different. They get REAL touchy about such things fast. I know when I was a stupid kid, one way to avoid the popo if they were far enough behind (they often were) and I would pull onto federal grounds, they would stop, get mad, and drive off.

    Since they have agreements for traffic, they may have agreements beyond that as well so they can tag dope etc, but all I have found so far is tied to traffic stops, not legal pedestrians.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  12. #12
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Well, jurisdictional stuff really frustrates cops a lot and while Wildwood has indicated to you it is an issue, whether or not they actually have powers of arrest is different. They get REAL touchy about such things fast. I know when I was a stupid kid, one way to avoid the popo if they were far enough behind (they often were) and I would pull onto federal grounds, they would stop, get mad, and drive off.

    Since they have agreements for traffic, they may have agreements beyond that as well so they can tag dope etc, but all I have found so far is tied to traffic stops, not legal pedestrians.
    Either the law changes or we need a test case?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •