• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just posting a quick poll and opinions

Would you be open to a Adopt a Highway events for Oc Awareness?

• Yes

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

repomasterstl

I know a few states have done this for OC awareness but how would you all feel about picking a oc friendly city (Eastern side of the state) and doing a Open carry Missouri adopt a highway and do litter pickup once a month followed by a Lunch or dinner.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yep, we have talked about it in the past,but have yet to do so.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I wonder what the rules are on interstate highways... federal? state? or do the muni's have control... aka olivette. As long as you do not exit the highway easement they might not be able to apply their laws there. I think I will look into it.

xdmcompact

I wonder what the rules are on interstate highways... federal? state? or do the muni's have control... aka olivette. As long as you do not exit the highway easement they might not be able to apply their laws there. I think I will look into it.

+1

Verd

Campaign Veteran

You have to sign up for it through the state I do believe, and you have to promise to clean the area twice every 6 months or so. Oh, and everyone who is going to do the cleanup HAS to take their training on how to clean up the roadway. But, all the bags and vests and whatnots are provided for you.

Oramac

I'd be down for that. It'd be a good way to increase awareness I think. Just make sure you get it mentioned on the road sign too.

Good call on the easement laws too, LMTD.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I can't seem to confirm either way. The interstates are most assuredly state property, but muni's can enforce traffic on them, other laws are not really defined as of yet, it is a fuzzy enough area I am betting it is a coin flip and I doubt like no tomorrow a lot of muni officers would not likely know either. I am going to keep researching it.

mspgunner

I can't seem to confirm either way. The interstates are most assuredly state property, but muni's can enforce traffic on them, other laws are not really defined as of yet, it is a fuzzy enough area I am betting it is a coin flip and I doubt like no tomorrow a lot of muni officers would not likely know either. I am going to keep researching it.

Best guess here is if you are on State property withina muni OC is a no no. The Gate Way Arch grounds are federal property (National Park) where OC is legal but it is within the City of St. Louis city limits so OC is a no go. Same thing for Missouri State Parks where OC is legal but if the park is within the City limits of a City with NO OC..... no go. That's how it is here in Wildwood and Babler State Park. NOW... soem say they can't do that, it's State property. Well, till some body wants to be the test case.....................

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
. NOW... soem say they can't do that, it's State property. Well, till some body wants to be the test case.....................

Well, jurisdictional stuff really frustrates cops a lot and while Wildwood has indicated to you it is an issue, whether or not they actually have powers of arrest is different. They get REAL touchy about such things fast. I know when I was a stupid kid, one way to avoid the popo if they were far enough behind (they often were) and I would pull onto federal grounds, they would stop, get mad, and drive off.

Since they have agreements for traffic, they may have agreements beyond that as well so they can tag dope etc, but all I have found so far is tied to traffic stops, not legal pedestrians.

mspgunner

Well, jurisdictional stuff really frustrates cops a lot and while Wildwood has indicated to you it is an issue, whether or not they actually have powers of arrest is different. They get REAL touchy about such things fast. I know when I was a stupid kid, one way to avoid the popo if they were far enough behind (they often were) and I would pull onto federal grounds, they would stop, get mad, and drive off.

Since they have agreements for traffic, they may have agreements beyond that as well so they can tag dope etc, but all I have found so far is tied to traffic stops, not legal pedestrians.

Either the law changes or we need a test case?